Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 sidekick 1.6l 5spd died at stop light
Car died in traffic on me, thought it was fuel pump! So I replaced that. And replaced the injector as I found one local. Im getting fuel to the TB, and have spark. Car will Start with starter fluid! 
Replaced caps in computer, as recommended By local Suzuki guy
Found the NAG switch and am getting 12 while jumping diagnostic pin
I’m not getting anything with a Noid at the fuel injector plug and and no movement on tach while cranking.. a little perplexed. Any help would be great!
(08-31-2022, 11:56 PM)Skips Wrote: Car died in traffic on me, thought it was fuel pump! So I replaced that. And replaced the injector as I found one local. Im getting fuel to the TB, and have spark. Car will Start with starter fluid! 
Replaced caps in computer, as recommended By local Suzuki guy
Found the NAG switch and am getting 12 while jumping diagnostic pin
I’m not getting anything with a Noid at the fuel injector plug and and no movement on tach while cranking.. a little perplexed. Any help would be great!

1988 to 1995 USA years. which is yours, ???
  1. the there are all these ways to get no TBI  (injector is 1ohm)  pulse
  • fuse blown IGcoil or FI.  but is not IG-coil it has spark so FI bad or fuel puimp relay. if fuel pressure zero.
  • spark is good x4 so is not spark and test fuel sounds great .
  • HERE THEY ARE,  suppressor module 3 pins fell off and is lost,  causing tacho dead. as side show. and worse injectors CUT DEAD.
  • tacho caps inside it short, and that kills injection dead. for sure. so unplug the tacho as a  test.
  • TPS sensor stuck at 3.5 to 5vdc on the wiper pin called throttle angle in today's jargon.  and is magic secret unflood mode now.
  • TPS PIN caLLED ground   cut OFF WIRE, bingo no injection.
  • the tps POIN center angle is about 1volt,  AT idle and tad more cranked.
  • Bad ECU,  INJECTOR TRANSISTORS BLOWN SEEN HERE. (caps good so not that)

SEE DEAD ECU PAGE FOR DRIVER TRANSISTORS P/N , EASY TO FIND THEY ARE. THE NOID PUT ON THE 2 PINS IS THE CORRECT TEST.

NOT 88/90 ,uP is microprocessor in ECU,.  I only traced this to IC10
https://fixkick.com/ECU/ECU-8v.html
my 91 page shows the q101 .q102  true names of transistors. standared 2SB and 2SD japan maker.. by toshiba even the data sheet I found.
2SB is a Darlington transistor super beta part.
safe buys on ebay for them.
[Image: injector-drivers.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com