Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidekick Sport new longblock throwing P0335 - J23 Swap
i can only guess car has stock 97 sport ECU (and watch out for the COPS , the moved the transistors from fire wall pack to the COPs inside. 97 /98 transitions.

franken_sport, good luck finding any shop that would touch that? 

first off the CKP is on the J20 on rear of block behind the flywheel, yeah. a real MOFO that.

where your Cranks sensor is,  J23 is ive no idea.  nor what car the J23 cam from or year, not me, unstated. yet.

So the 97 ECU does not like the wrong sensor.  and that is not a good thing.  my guess is the j23 sensors output is too weak , mostly at low RPM they are,.

faster they go the more volts (faraday's laws. etc)  the conn is 3 wires but one is shield and other 2 are coil. I think.

it is 2wire sensor, not HALL 3 wire  

so you might try reversing the 2 wires, maybe the ECU will like that.

the ECU uses chip called zero crossing detector and is an Amplifier, (op amp) at idle these can be as low as 1v peak on a scope. 

the only other problem is it can be a loose chain too. (CMP against  CKP sees timing way off and flags it)

these to photos and objects match the signals from the flywheel are not like the j23, I bet. (IDK)

[Image: ckp2.jpg]

[Image: flex4a.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sidekick Sport new longblock throwing P0335 - by fixkick - 04-23-2020, 06:30 AM