Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidekick Sport new longblock throwing P0335 - J23 Swap
Photo 
Greetings FixKick and affectionados...

Such a great site for good info and conversation....

I'm Stumped here.

Just put an ATK rebuilt J23 long block from a 04-07 Suzuki Aerio, in my '97 Sidekick Sport 4 speed automatic.  Included new CMP and CKP sensors, and am using the J23 fuel rail and cleaned/tested J23 injectors from a PickUrPart Aerio.  I visually replicated the positioning of the original CMP upon assembly.

Started right up with no codes, and allowed me to get it up to temperature.   I shorted the service connector, bumped the timing to 5 deg, and cycled it through restarts and exercised it up and down from idle.  Idled smoothly, with good throttle response.  After about 4-5 minutes, i noticed it started a shallow vibration at idle that would go away ~1200 RPM.     Shutting it down, I noticed the CEL on.  Reread the codes to see a P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor code.   Erased the code.  Restarted the engine and the code reappears in less than 1 second.

Here's what I've done so far to troubleshoot:

1.  Disconnected CKP connector. Wire loom connections are solid and continuous from CPK plug to disconnected computer connector pins.  Back-probed ground wire is solid at sensor connector.  No shorts.  Resistance of unplugged sensor coil ~560 ohms, both at sensor and at computer connector.

2.  Repeated 5 times over several days: 
Upon cold start, it starts right up, fast idles nicely, comes off fast idle normally. NO CODES.  After 3-4 minutes, when it reaches temperatures between 150-165F, it throws the code.  Shut it off, clear the code, restart, code shows in ~1 second.  Repeatedly.   Each cold start, there is no code. If I shut off and restart before reaching that temperature range, no code shown, no shallow vibration... .  Repeatedly.

Without a scope to watch the waveforms, I'm stuck, and may end up having taking it to a trusted garage for further probing, unless someone here has any experiences with like-kind issues.

Any ideas? 

Maybe recommendations for a good two channel automotive ocilloscope for my tool chest?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Sidekick Sport new longblock throwing P0335 - J23 Swap - by 10digit - 04-23-2020, 04:21 AM