Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing torque converter Bolts 1995 Sidekick
Hey guys, pulling the motor on my 1995 Sidekick to rebuild. Got every thing ready yesterday to remove except the three torque converter bolts. I can see that the way there inset and hard to reach that there must be a good way to do it. If anyone has removed a 1.6 8 valve sidekick/Tracker motor please could use some advice here.....Thanks.......Larry
metric spanner ? or off set box end spanner?
what tools fail, ?
the pulley can be jogged by hand, with sparks (plugs) out. or with 17mm deep all on crank pulley center bolt.
http://www.fixkick.com
(04-22-2017, 07:22 PM)lstill Wrote: Hey guys, pulling the motor on my 1995 Sidekick to rebuild. Got every thing ready yesterday to remove except the three torque converter bolts. I can see that the way there inset and hard to reach that there must be a good way to do it. If anyone has removed a 1.6 8 valve sidekick/Tracker motor please could use some advice here.....Thanks.......Larry

Here's what I built thé first time I had to remove thé engine... Back then, I had thé same problem with those 3 bolts... Thé space is kind if tight. It cost me about $10, and I have no problem anymore to remove those. I just did it again 3 days ago and it took me 15 min !!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just to complete my post... I used an piece of metal (20" x 1" x 1/4") drill a hole close to the end to insert a socket #14 x 1.5" and welded the socket in it..... the socket is exceeding behind the metal bar by 1/8" but I didn't have to grind it..... The socket has 1 1/8" in front of the metal bar, and its exactly the good distance to make it easy to remove the 3 converter bolts.....

the first time I had to remove those 3 bolts, I had some big problems doing it...... so I made this simple tools and it made it 100 times easier to do the job....!! that way you won't strip any of those bolt.....it cost me about $10 to do it.... I removed those bolts on my Tracker just fewdays ago, it's now so easy to do it......