Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
Thanks Fxkick!!
Well, the car is from 96 year and single-point injection. When starting in cold and after three second the dash pot retracts 100%. Before I tighten two threads inside the IAC air valve the starting in cold was 2000 r.p.m, then dawn to 1500 r.p.m until 800 r.p.m when the engine warmps up..
And after I tighten two threads idle sped is 1800 to 1300 r.p.m.. But as you say have to go to 1500 r.p.m as always and then go dawn to 1400 until the engine warms up to 800 r.p.m, this have been how it has been running during nineteen years..
When I opened the air valve to regulate with the engine cold the rubber valve was opened according Suzuki Rhinoman Manual but because throttle body is completely new I suppose IAC and ISC have to be OK, but..

Yes, there are two water pipes water inlet and outlet. The dash pot working retracting and pressing as normal it's new too and I never going to defeated it, of course, when the engine is turn off it's pressing the throtlle valve, when the engine starts it retracting. But I think thouse three second to retracting the dash pot is too much, maybe is for that it's going to 1800 r.p.m when starting, I know that because I put my video camera behind the throtlle and filmed the whole process..

I don't know if the VSV vacuum valve is working well, perhaps the dash pot has to retracting less time than three second, then when the engine starting will go up to 1600 r.p.m, as maximun this is an idea only, I can change it too..

I check vacuum leaks but I can't found any, anyway I'm going to see them again. The ISC has only one pipe from it to after the air filter and it's more big than ordinary hoses as dash pot, and has two clamps.. But if there is any vacuum leaks where might to be only in this pipe ?

Yes, when the throttle valve is closed 100& I can move dash pot with hand..
I haven't thermometer to know the water temp in the engine but it never had been heated the gauge needle temperature is always in the same place as always.. Sorry, I don't know what switch you say "idle switch closed at hot idle" If I starting the engine when is hot after five or ten minutes the dash post retracting totaly and the thorttle wire or cable has slacks but the thorttle valve is not cloded 100%.. It's open about two milimeters separate from the screw sealed in factoriy in down side, in this moments the idle speed is 1000 r. p. m..

But when I try to move the thorttle valve by hand to close until this screw, it's as it was locked hard to move, the foreman put greasing in all this area. But if I touch a little the accelerator pedal or by my hand in throttle valve to accelerate the engine, the thorttle valve come down directly to 800 r.p.m.. But if before start when the engine is hot I wait more than 15 or 20 minutes when I starting again there is not any problem the idle speed go directly to 800 r.p.m as is normal.. Before and In summer when I start the engine in morning time the idle speed was 1600 r.p.m to 800 r.p.m. when warms up. After turn off the engine and until evening time I don't use the vehicle because my job and when I starting again and the engine was cold the idle speed would directly to 800 r.p.m without need tgo to 1600 to 1400 r.p.m to warm up because the vehicle all was very hot, you can't touch the car body..

If I'm driving and I reduce because traffic light from fifth gear to second gear the idle speed come down also to 800 r.p.m. when the vehicle is stopped.. But if when I'm going driving in third or fourth speed and I must to stop suddenly because any traffic light the idle speed is also in 1000 r.p.m but after five seconds come down to 800 r.p.m.
After the idle speed get 800 r.p.m it working all the way very well doesn't matter if is 100 or 500 kilometers but if I stop to get gasoline and I start again after five minutes the problem is again 1500 to 1000 when start only with a little touch in pedal come down to 800 r.p.m..

I don't know aslo what's head light maybe you say road light ? If is that the idle speed hold 800 r.p.m.. and I never heard fan because when I turn off the engine there is no sound to listen but it should work because in this area South Spain and in summer time the sun is very strong you can see thermometer at 52º degrres Celsius or more, I hear it only if I disconnect Water Temp Sensor or Gauge Temp.. I told there are four sensors in the intake manifold but there are only three, the other is Gauge to see the temperature neddle but it's in water thermostat not in manifolld and is new too.. The only not changed is Water Temp Sensor that have one wire only..

Today, I'm going to study fixkick link page you sent me to see it very slowly.. I think this is like a rare disease maybe with your experience and fixkick details we can discover what is happenig..

Thanks a lot for your help and details..

Greetings

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 10-25-2015, 07:20 PM