Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
(11-11-2015, 11:32 PM)fixkick Wrote: see this? blue-black is 12vdc power. and lt.green-black is other wire,. you are connecting to the DLC freeze pins, why are you doing that?
i wanted you to measure the ISC pins directly. this is the signal that drivers the ISC, directly. and get it to year 7vdc.

Now I understand the meaning of being blind as you not being here. I did uses the wires at the ISC connector just that I did not see right the wire colors? But I must have done it wrong. Ill send pic today as to the colors, but I checked them again and saw the green/black wire. But nothing was connected to the DLC freeze pins. All was at the 2 wires out of the ISC.

one why to cause that is to have, the idle switch stuck open....
or have spark timing way off, say , advanced.
Where is that switch? Read about it these last couple of days. Spark timing I doubt it, but I can check again.

is you have never drove a fully running right sidekick or vitara.?
one that has a working ISC.!
You got that right, thats is why Im asking you, otherwise why bother?

i never would have guessed that. but sure can happen.
that is why i kept asking for accurate RPM numbers!

as you might not know, the ECU is hard coded for 800 exactly (+-50 rpm) hard hard coded,! (hot, a/c off and P/s not in overload)
so if its off more that 50 RPm, then i know the SERVO system is DOWN.

see?
accurate readings matter, on cars.
as is noting that idle regulation is DEAD.

at hot idle regulation works 100% perfect.
even with a huge engine load change, from park to drive.
huge.
if not ?,its broken.

OK. Will check again tonight. And report back to you.

Gracias!!!

One question, does the back probe position matter or not? Meaning can i insert Positive prob to blue/black and neg to green/black and vise versa? No right? If not then I was doing it half OK or half wrong. My positive was indeed at the blue/black wire from the ISC but negative probe was at engine ground. Maybe my reason for not getting it right?
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by zukitrek - 11-12-2015, 12:05 AM