Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
wrong pins.....
and the measurement is across the 2 pins of ISC.
the wiring is no secret. its clearly here.
see this? blue-black is 12vdc power. and lt.green-black is other wire,. you are connecting to the DLC freeze pins, why are you doing that?
i wanted you to measure the ISC pins directly. this is the signal that drivers the ISC, directly. and get it to year 7vdc.

http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/92-95MPI-eng-...e-huge.png

the steps are here.

yes, i can answer why its dead, (was)
the bleed screw was tampered with.,. if someone screws it in too far, the ISC can not correct this error. if extreme.
on a hot engine there are only 2 sources of air. the bleed and the ISC. so.. if the bleed is closed fully (or near) the ISC many may not get you to 800 rpm.
see? also the iSC can be dirty inside, blocking this air path or air hose that feeds it same, blockages, or partial.
what matters is that both the isc works and can breath, and then the bleeds screw is set to 50% duty cycle.
this 50% means , its in the center of its, range ( say +300 and -300 rpm range (there is no spec) but when in the center of its range, it can in fact regulate
RPM under ALL conditions. yours was set wrong.
try to keep mind 2 facts.
the isc can only open 100% and not more, and will be less is the path there is dirty (gummed up. or blockages)
the isc can not close more than 100% so if there are air leaks (bleeds wide open) then the ECU closes, it 100% and it might not reach 800 rpm.
this is how the ISC works , 200 times a second , in fact. (when i say ISC i mean the ECU+ISC (the form an electronic servo together) the ISC is a slave to the ECU.

i you read the FSM it shows using the DLC to set duty cycle but you dont have the custom tool for that. no one does.
one more fact, the dynamic range of the ISC is not published, by suzuki.
it depends on huge list of factors (variables) heat, altitude, air temps, engine oil thickness., engine age (power) and such. (even air humidity)
use the + 300/-300 range. so 800 -300 is 500 rpm and 800+300 is 1100 rpm, see? most times its more than that.

here is my duty cycle page....
the DLC pin marked DUTY only works with the Suzuki Duty meter (current mode) tool , no such tools can be found. so we skip the FSM and use a DC volt meter or a scope or a meter that has Duty on the dial.
the we abandon the DUTY pin. totally, see why, (?)
then connect the DC> voltmeter on the actual ISC pins, (backprobing technique) ONE PIN IS 12VDC THAT RUNS THE ECU and other pin is the ISC driver transistor inside the ECU. (the real deal here, we are measuring the DUTY directly here)
SEE" BEGIN " here.
http://www.fixkick.com/IDLE-AIR/dutycycl...e-air.html

any time hot 800 rpm fails to HOLD, that means the ISC servo system is dead. totally
one why to cause that is to have, the idle switch stuck open....
or have spark timing way off, say , advanced.
if you read the FSM , the idle speeds and spark timing are both related, due to rule 2,> the timing cant bet set (freezed) with idle not at spec. 800.
chicken and egg issue that.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by fixkick - 11-11-2015, 10:16 PM