Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
(11-10-2015, 03:48 AM)fixkick Wrote: 500 is wrong! dead wrong, why? . (assumes 500 is real) hot
Hot

that means the ECU can not control idle. the ECU is hard coded to 800, it opens the ISC to raise 500 to 800 RPM in servo loop actions. and holds it there like a rock , even in DRIVE ! my guess, is duty cycle set wrong. bleed screw turned 100% CW [closed] can do that.)
Thats the one thing I have not touched under my ownership. Can try fidling with it, counting turns to see what happens?

that is right a hot engine can run great with too low of an idle speed, the 800 is EPA dictated, and hard coded, so smog is lowest at that RPM, and CAT lasts the longest (that is 8 year warranty on that part alone) and the trottle reponse is way better at 800 , after all 1/2 the equation for HP is RPM.
[Image: l_horsepower_equation_rotating_horsepower.png]
simple alegbra.... see how RPM works? rpm x torque see that relationship?

the pedal feels heavy (as in just the pedal)
or the pedals demand for power , is weak or slow. (actual throttle action gives weak engine power ?)
yes, feels weak, but then as speed increases feels normal
if this is a power, issue why not get idle RPM fixed. so HP is there ready to use.
Will get to that. I want to fix this already.

its hard to diagnose any car on earth, deaf blind and not present.. for sure...
I know, ill do my best

even videos dont help cant see drivers feet or road conditions, etc.
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by zukitrek - 11-10-2015, 04:20 AM