Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
So far so good señor Fix. She's running like new. Remember that you suggested that maybe I had a weak engine or maybe I had fuelling issues. My question, and I believe you have mentioned this in many posts: if a FPreg will not last the life of a car (or 21 years) it is not better yo get a new one instead of diagnosing if its bad? Remember that my fuel damper already failed (and about the same age of my FPreg) cause I have never replaced them under my ownership. Second, with A/T now overhauled, if I had a weak engine could the bad tranny before mask a weak condition or fueling?

I ask this now because it feels like when engine is cold, it lacks a bit of power in the first run of the morning. I still have that low idle which I don't know if it has to do with all this. FYI; Tbelt, pump, and idler new, as well as o2 sensor, and whole ignition system (plugs, wire, cap, rotor) timed following FSM steps and timing checked with timing gun. Also compression test was done getting 190 with hot engine at WOT.

Hope Im making sense,

Cheers!!
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by zukitrek - 11-08-2015, 12:13 PM