Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
Fix OMG! OMG! OMG! Im getting closer! TV cable was really out of adjustment. It did not even have 1mm of clearance. Adjusted it and car did not even take 3 minutes to move (not saying that this is Ok) but thats an improvement.
Still did not shift from 2nd to 3rd but this time it felt stronger, did loose power, it just did not shift. Felt like it was about to. Still need to check the ECU cause that connector jumpered and car stalling is no good. So cross your fingers it is the ECU the problem (although I really don't know prices for them). Anyways Ill keep you posted. Thank Thank thank you!!

Well looks like I misinterpreted gap measure according to a ruler I have. Decided to enter measurement on a graphic software and now the gap is way to broad (but somehow improving the cold movement from 15min [Recorded time yesterday] to less than 3min) So yes the TV cable is influencing this matter. I will adjust it again to specs. Ill try to remove the ECU and have a look.
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by zukitrek - 10-19-2015, 10:54 AM