Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot.
what is the ecu part number on car. is the ECU in steel box, not aluminum is it the 33920-58Bxx series : this series has no troubles at all running diag mode, any which why you dream up. (sounds like the ECU has issues) what if that ISSUE, caused the ECU load calc', data to the TCM to be wrong, too.
the ECU has network wire (serial) to the TCM the ECU sends data to the TCM so the TCM can make smart decisions.

auto transmissions are all expensive new or used, or otherwise, and few 20 year old trans are any good used.
Do the work one time and learn why, its long hard tedious work.

So the re-builders are very expensive ,. like $200 in parts, and what labor,$ how many hours, for me a week of long nights after work.
not even counting the 4hs to pull it out.
for linear non stop work , what? about 8hrs labor? , or less with a real pro that does it every day.
so say 4 hours labor, so that be like 4 x $100 . in shop.
400 for labor and $200 in parts. how can anyone beat that price, not easy, unless you do the 8hr labor , it will take non pro.
i have a nice video of the rebuild, and after watching it 1 time you will see why its so expensive, and what is inside that might be totally nu-usable. (more costs)

then the cost of a warranty, that be not free or cheap. imagine doing the box times, one time at price, and one at free. not good. that. (the re-builder)

why not do the line test. to prove the pressures are bad.
if they are, the ECU and TCM are fact hopeless to correct that.. ever.

this is why i like stick shifts, they will last 300k miles easy . life of car and engine.
unlike most a/t made. (ive even got 200k+ on 1 clutch )
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
4sp, car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
car wont move cold. - by fixkick - 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: A/T 4speed fails, car wont move until hot. - by fixkick - 10-17-2015, 05:25 AM