Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI
Quote:Your ECUs seem like sack of rocks, to me...
I believe you are correct! I was able to return one I have mine and the virgin from the auto wreckers
Quote:ect,iat,tps, or map pulled. 14,23,21, 31or 32. DTC (each bad force ecu to limphome fast)
. all inputs good, and no injections. (the driver can be bad, but only if ECT pulled throws its DTC error.
I bench tested both for codes so symptoms are;
In Car both flash 12,dist. connector off crank and 42 flashes, reconnect crank turn key off then on and 12 flashes
On bench both show no codes,& have ref voltage on pin23, was there a special check engine light wattage I remember reading?
Quote:i wonder what the ECU does with a melted cat,,, the map read wrong. no vacuum so the ECU might not like that.
my guess is flood. Low vacuum = max injections rates.
but the ECU has special cranking rules, that dont pay too much attention to the map until started, say over 500RPM faster than any starter can spin.
Just for fun I tried to apply vacuum to the MAP and start it, surprise no difference. What would MAP vacuum values be?
Quote:limphome loves to melt cats. (rich AFR and retarded timing, roasts its brick to slag.) (you can see why bad compression gets me worried) in this case whats the point if run time is 1/2 second. and it floods...
if you told me the cat was new, sorry, i forgot.
This Exhaust is new to me but in great shape. I've run it for 3-4 yrs now. The vehicle has never been in limphome since I've had it.(5-6 yrs). It always dies quiet. The first time it drove normal to the store then no start when I came out. This time driving at 60km just dies like a wire cut no chug chug.
Quote:the tacho input to ecu , i think that pulse is rectified, to DC, then if the voltage is low , no spark and if normal high then yes spark.
its not too important the how, but it does, and will cut fuel if the pulse is not there, i wish i had reduced the pulse bit by bit to find its threshold now, that would have fun.
I found the "test" pay attention when test fueling engine. when it coughed the tach jumped enough to verify that it works. starter rpm was inconclusive.
So I am going to change caps on virgin ECU just for a under $5 miracle. Then get one exchanged or new from your sources. Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI - by armchairlonghair - 03-18-2014, 09:06 PM