Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 Tracker / Vitara No Start Issue - Engine Swapped but Ran
what donor car, make and year and model.
what?
I bet way newer, and is not the same, as is normal with  suzuki and VVT options on newer J20 for sure J20B
same spider used (A/T from old)
see CKP before change out and make darn sure to use new CKP , or risk pulling engine just to fix that.
CKP does not just fall out, you must pull engine or trans or both to reach it.

some super new J20b (im getting old) have this crazy CKP on right side (IIRC) CKP sensor to the side of the block that is useless on any 2001 J20A car.
J20 A is not a J20B.
lots of changes.
or the Aerio 2007, J23 engine.

AERIO , it is? was?
2001 to 2007
only N.ameria had J20b.

i guess long block swap, not manifold, not TBI, not other AERIO things, just block ./head, and used old trans with old spider flex coupling.
one more the GV has tone wheels front and read j20. oops front is chain sprocket.
and rear one is tooth notched wild.  2005 to 2019

[Image: 527_gv-j20.jpeg]

J20 means little at all, lacking year and engine serial too. engine year is encoded in serial. USA.

one guy posted 2002 Aerio engine j20 looks just like the above, wild rear tone.
that sure is not a 2001. vitara. or the like names. GEO .
tranny clutch on the right. tone wheel, has radial notches, and super hidden deep inside behind rear oil seal.
i bet yours is wrong, here.

that means engine on pallet, cam cover off,
and not VVT new engine.
and rear tone not wrong,  full  of notches missing or different in ANY WAY., remove oil seal rear some how.

that is it for timing,  sorry it is so complex but is, for 11 span ,1996 to 2007, years, only are not the same. unless year model matched.
J20 is just  base line name, 2.0a or B or VVT.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2002 Tracker / Vitara No Start Issue - Engine Swapped but Ran - by fixkick - 04-16-2021, 06:18 AM