Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 Tracker / Vitara No Start Issue - Engine Swapped but Ran
so the engine never once , done a real compression test to see 199PSI WOT. this must happen.
then if spark is good on all 4, and not advance before degrees, TDC,
the engine will will runs on test fuel even with fuel pump off line, fuse pulled.
it must run with good timed right spark or the engine is bad.
needs spark , sprayed test fuel air low (throttle open a tad) and CAT not melted closed.
the sensors never kill dead cranking ever.
to use scan tool crank for 10 full seconds release the key (not off) and wait for scan tool to show P03xx codes, if yes BINGO spark is bad. (even intermittant)
CMP or CKP codes are for sure bad spark.
the COP boots (lower) are no good this is tune up device point.
the engine must be good, compression test,
then vaccum test cranked over to not see 0 HG vacuum or the CAT is melted. (or cam timed backwards etc)
you need kill injection first then do test fuel so you see engine run for 3 second each blast of test fuel (instant start in a can sold in store)
the car may have the DLC 2 connect right near left front strut tower, this rubber cap off see 6 pins and the 2 are timing freeze and is how you set timing , but my nasty 2004 is only way to do that is with suzuki only scan tool, DLC 2 freeze pins GONE, the bastards.

I see you have bad grounds they all must be clean and tight.
the starter only for (good starter and battery )_ for clutch switch failed or relay or automatic trans Park neutal switch bad or fuse to it or relay makes starter.
OMG AREO parts in this car,. the CRANK sensors tone wheel are not the same, to Vitara. nor is the ECU, same , radically different.

you can not just throw j20 engines about, car to car.
first i check compression on engine on pallet first. using starter mounted, and my trans bell, housing, no trans told to me.
the compressiong good then swap
but not yet,
we then look at the CKP crank tone wheel mounted to crank snout.
and it must match the old one exactly.
not like this, seen my page.
see photo next.
I say bad spark , wild spark sure hot and powerful but not timing anywhere right and not off doing CMP cam sensor spun wild. ouch 2 times wrong that.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2002 Tracker / Vitara No Start Issue - Engine Swapped but Ran - by fixkick - 04-16-2021, 05:13 AM