Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throttle Body/Throttle Position Sensor
1997 Suzuki Sidekick JS, 4 door, MT, 1.6 motor, approx 95,000 original miles. CAMI made. I live in Alabama.
OK Buying TPS is not easy 97 have newer smaller TPS,
first off, you need to show a photo of said, sensor. to me, after all here are 2 facts. for sure old cars...
1: Engine, or TB or manifold swaps, are common this old and some cars changed mid year, at CAMI, you know how cami is, right the plant up in canada made our cards
VIN 2CB........ the C ,means made in CAMI, JS, means made in japan, and sorry to tell you if JS parts are not the same (many)

the new sensor is covered on my pages on TPS, fully and with photos and ruler readings

when the car looses power, does it catch up,?? you need to answer that. first. if it does CATCH up the TPS is good and fuel pressure bad or injector 10micron screens bad, or FPR
the TPS is only for TIP in throttle extra power, that is it, but sure 2 probems can it be.... TPS and fuel pressure wrong..... 2 hard failures are common on cars this old and is super common.

forget P0400 defeat the EGR as I told you and forget 400 ,ok,, fix the engine now, EGR defeated, and win.
I guess you mechanics never heard of timing light, fuel pressure gage, vacuum gage, or compression gage>?? fuel pressure must be right or no injector can work right ,impossible.
the fuel pressure on this old old car is $1 on the list. for sure.

your car (TPS) cam with the new 31 mm TPS
that is what fit new.
SUZUKI 58B10 , not 58B00
see that 10 there, means the smaller 96+ TPS. for sure, if engine swaps no present.
I cover them all on my BUY parts page..
https://fixkick.com/buy-parts#TPS

the sellers of TPS not SUZUKI get this wrong, all the time, they cant even get 8v and 16valve right, but also know this SUZUKI stupidly named both enigines VIN code #2 (yah stupid)
the in 1996 up silly sellers thing all TPS are the same, and ARE NOT
off my page is this.

The correct P/N for the Suzuki 16v is: 13420-58B10 92-98′ USA only narrow base TPS body

usa banned 8v engine in 1996 so is not 8v so stores selling this are NUTS, off there rocker wrong. USA. banned it is, EPA and never sold here,and is OBD2 car, and that double bans the 8v for a fact.
so we only need to match 16v and only 31mm base or NOT and SOHC engine not the J18 DOHC engine, I can not see your engine to know what is there, not me, nor the TPS.

I look at ROCKAUTO.com and there are only 4 choices now,( support is on the wane)

the beck or SMP are both B10 sensors. seems ROCK knows what to do now, didnt 10 years aga, fact.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/suzu...(tps),5136

TH392 is SMP, for B10
each maker of TPS uses there only P/N and for sure look at it, see if the TPS has shrunk as it must and did.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Throttle Body/Throttle Position Sensor - by fixkick - 03-14-2020, 12:33 AM