Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent Hesitation/Surge Problem
Well have only heard back from first shop. The exact words I got were that when the tank was totally dropped and drained most of the sediment came out. I was told it was wiped out thoroughly. That's it.

No word from current shop on what has been tested etc. I think from talking to office manager, guy is busy and no like to be bothered. Definitely no lengthy conversation. Probably just thinks I am a stupid woman that doesnt know anything and waste his time.

granted, I am no mechanic and have to rely on others but if I can provide helpful info on my vehicle, you would think they would appreciate.

Based on infor you sent and pics, as well as possibility of having to clean various ports in the intake manifold, that could be very labor intensive and if I can find a shop to do so would be costly. Just like body shops not wnating to fool with bondo anymore, it seems most want to just replace parts rather than rebuild, etc.

That being said, my old EGR and switch etc were supposedly working in the first place. Perhaps I can clean the EGR and I did find a used intake manifold but dont know if stilll available. Costly but perhaps I could buy and clea thoroughly myself as well and just have replaced.

I am desperate and at a loss. That car is my daily and I love it. No issues until now and I feel like I opened a can of worms by switching the egr, modulator and switch when the originals were supposedly working fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermittent Hesitation/Surge Problem - by 3Waggintails - 02-27-2020, 02:38 AM