Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coolant flowing between iac and isc ?
(12-31-2015, 05:50 AM)fixkick Wrote: the starter words, there is just to have reference point.
starters come in 2 flavors, a/t and m/t the A/T version is tad more HP. many aftermarket sellers only sell only the hotter one, and nobody is the wiser.

auto or stickshift? car? (A/T or M/T?)?
if the key is dead? (cranking)
make sure the A/T shift, lever is in park, if it fails, we try Neutral next, (N has unused contacts can start many A/T cars, just doing that one trick.)
if the clutch switch is bad, it will no crank. Manual trans car has this only. and can be bypassed easy.

to test only the starter is on my no crank page.
http://www.fixkick.com/nocrank.html

just with keys in pocket.
In park or neutral , hand brake set. wheels chocked, (Safety first)
jumper the small lug to the outer big lug. bam, see sparks, no fear, its 8 amps worth of sparks....

the engine will crank fast, but not start. proving in 1min flat , starter is ok (battery good, cables good, not green ends)
if starter spins, fast, (whine) and crankshaft pulley, the solenoid is jammed.

The starter on the 94 Tracker auto/tranny is good. can I swap it on the 95 manual tranny Sidekick, I`m not sure it`s exactly the same size ? When trying to start the Sidekick I year only one click. There`s green on the solenoid lugs, so it tells me it`s in bad shape. the little truck isn`t in my garage by now but in the snow(after a snowstorm). I`ll try to reach the "KEY LINE" buy the upside of the of the truck and jump it for a test.

As one is using a flexplate and the other a flywheel I would be surprised (but happy) is I could use my Tracker starter into my Sidekick.

I`ll try the jump test tomorrow morning, thanks for all infos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: coolant flowing between iac and isc ? - by john110 - 12-31-2015, 06:34 AM