Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugs have red oily stain and misfire
Thanks sir. Yes many places where it could fail. I was the rebuilder so many steps were not done in the rebuilding like measuring guides clearances with real tools. But that would be a multiple places failure and so far it has not been the case, only on that cylinder. Maybe luck? But other things were measured, gapped etc following FSM steps and specs.

On topic off topic, Gulf premium gas is also Amber, so my guess is that premium is amber, regular red all over PR.

I still have cat, PCV breather chamber cleaned to my best skills, new PCV filter. All rings, valve seals are new. Yes I haven't seen a single article on modding that cvcc part. Yes there is another head without the cvcc, its called the Si head, for those years. You see Im trying to salvage this as it would mean I did the best I could, but I know my options in case all goes south. I have another guy in the US that will sell me just one valve holder, I just can't make him do it super fast, so he told me he is working on that, so waiting time for me.

We had already done the plug wire swap and problem stayed in that spark, thats is why I though that maybe changing cap could also be eliminated as a problem. In your knowledge, have you encountered spark problems with good spark, wire and cap and rotor? What else could affect no ignition or weak spark, if that be the case?

Thanks for your time sir. Ill keep you posted.

Javier
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plugs have red oily stain and misfire - by zukitrek - 06-02-2015, 05:25 AM