Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugs have red oily stain and misfire
Thanks so much as always. Maybe we innocently discovered something cause you are right. I read that in /arizona for example yes, gas is Red for off road use only and is not taxed. Why? Cause they don't use or transit state roads ( in a perfect world) then they don't have to pay taxes cause it does not affect road quality and they stay in better shape longer. My guess is that that gas color is the regular versions. Why? Who knows? Ill get premium gas from Puma tomorrow and check again. Only four major brands here: Shell, Gulf, Puma and Total. And 2 locals, Eccomax and Toral (copying Total in a way, brand wise).

I can drain the oil and quickly check? I had changed the oil recently. So if there was gas it should be there now. Also, maybe removing pump I could see if its red inside after the gasket. My guess is that aux valve holder, cause then all 4 sparks would be red somehow. In this CVCC head design the ignition occurs in this tiny chamber where gas from a smaller runner and the spark ignites then this ignites the fuel coming from the 2 intake valves. I found a donor head in the 8v version but same aux holder. But if oil gets in that chamber for whatever reason then it would not burn the gas and hence the misfire and hence the color right, cause it would be mixing with the oil getting in?

Ok Ill keep you posted.

Javier
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plugs have red oily stain and misfire - by zukitrek - 05-23-2015, 01:35 PM