Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugs have red oily stain and misfire
the tinting, here in state side, is regulated heavy.
they do not allow , non taxed fuel in the road. (big fines, if caught)

on your island the rules may be only the whim if the fuel processor. gosh knows.? (EPA here says it has special rules for PR)

im not suspecting the fuel is bad, just was making sure its red and is not in the crankcase.
i dont have drawing on your HEAD, is the head fitted with a fuel pump (diaphram) like Samurai's. had before EFI?>
the fuel pump is a diaphram pump and when it cracks it fills the crankcase with fuel, and if fuel is red the oil turns red.
this was true from 1920s to 1988 in the USA, on all engines with carbs. fir 68 years. of this happening. (history)
on my cars, i put an electric fuel pump near the tank, this ends the oil with fuel issue and stops vapor lock in its tracks.

the valve guides bad, will suck oil into the combustion chamber. (vacuum does that )
then there is red fungus in the gas.... seen that too.... (starts with water in fuel)

also carbs have their tricks
the float valve sticks , just 1 tiny particle of dust, and lands on the seat and bam the float valve sticks open , float level goes way high and spills fuel
into the engine, like water fall. and floods it and past rings to crankcase. (turning oil red with red fuel.)
on my motorcycles, this failure shoots fuel to the dirt. (the carb overflow tube is pointing to mother earth.) but not your car.

i see your head, (FSM) it has a mech fuel pump on rear of head on a housing,,,, id get a new one. if 28 years old.
USA EPA laws dont regulate, PR laws. it seems.
Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth of the US and has a mixed legal system.

i suspect 2 problems., not uncommon on 28 yo cars.

this red line shows the path of red fuel , running to crankcase..... Classic Carb cars. failure mode.

[Image: 3_22_05_15_1_30_43.jpeg]

on some cars, (i have one)
the pump leaks, out the pump side. and on to the distributor. and BOOM. (i moved mine to tank area)
but if engine stops fuel stops..... so its not all bad....

the tachometer driven , electric pump works good. (DIY made , and works like EFI), but must crank engine to prime pump and carb....

i used to run purple engine oil back in 1964.
at the union 76 stations, called, "royal purple" then. (hard to believe huh?)
so even today there is bs tinted oil, to make folks happy, and more.....
so when you see red oil , what does it mean?..... well drain the crankcase oil and look?

gas in the oil , thins it and invites bearing failure. (or ring seizures) far worst than any fouled spark plug.
it be all over red oil, like tick on a hound dog....

if i had a nickle for every float valve that stuck, id be rich.
my twin carb cars, i had to pull over many times and rap the carb with screw driver handle.. tap tap, ahhhhh, back in business....
or way off road on dirt bike and bam, same deal,same cure.. "black cloud"
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plugs have red oily stain and misfire - by fixkick - 05-22-2015, 11:31 PM