Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A/C Coolant Hi-Temp Cutout Switch
Hi, Fixkick, with the help of your excellent A/C troubleshooting instructions (and a shop manual), I was able to find the problem with the non-running A/C on the '98 Tracker 16V 4-door I bought a couple of months ago.

I guess the previous owner had a problem with the electric fan running all the time, and instead of fixing the problem, they just pulled the A/C fuse to keep the fan from running!!Dodgy

I was very happy when I checked the little coolant temperature switch screwed into the side of the thermostat housing, and found that it was open (overheat signal). I was even happier when I grounded the Yellow/Blue wire and the A/C compressor ran like it's supposed to!

So, I need to replace that switch. Would you know the mfr's part number or the P/N for an aftermarket replacement?

The manual calls it an ECT switch, opens above 235 deg F.

Thanks for you help and for this website with all its excellent info. I found your timing/adjustments section very useful, when fixing all the problems the Hammer-Mechanic did to the crankshaft gear and other things!!! Angry

Cheers............ed

Messages In This Thread
A/C Coolant Hi-Temp Cutout Switch - by Ed-Mc - 05-13-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: A/C Coolant Hi-Temp Cutout Switch - by Ed-Mc - 05-14-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: A/C Coolant Hi-Temp Cutout Switch - by Ed-Mc - 06-03-2015, 10:34 AM