Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 Tracker / Vitara No Start Issue - Engine Swapped but Ran
Im currently at work but Ill start replying in bits and pieces with the most important stuff i feel you want.

Donor car : 2002 Chev Tracker 2.0L. I was lucky enough to find the exact same model and year at the scrapyard as my truck.

If by  CKP you mean this   I did not remove remove it. I left the original one on the engine. I did switch flywheels though. The one from the wreckers got bent when I was trying to split it from the truck. 

All bad grounds were fixed. The started was the only one with a bad ground. I taped the rest of the ground up before painting the block. 

Both engines were identical so that rules out a lot of issues. I am aware of the differences in engines and platforms of the J20. I was originally planning on getting an aerio motor but after some research I found it was just easier finding a tracker. 

Cat is fine, I inspected it when I removed the engine. 

I believe plugs and coils are fine. I have a good known working set from my plow truck i will swap in to test. 

Tried using gas in the intake an no go. Then I tried brake cleaner (non-chlorinated) and still no start. It wanted to but it didnt. I think plugs were wet at that point. 

Ill try cranking with my scan tool on again for 10 secs and see if it gets any codes. Should I disconnect fuel pump fuse when i do this or leave it in? Dont want to flood the engine.

I believe its running to rich. You can smell fuel vapours in the air when it tries to start. 

Have to go back to work. will reply with more info. Will be testing tonight.

My friend is comming over with his timing light and he is going to show me how to use it. He is a master tech for 20+ years, I just dont know how to set it without the DLC connector. I may have to buy a tech 1

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2002 Tracker / Vitara No Start Issue - Engine Swapped but Ran - by Matty_Robz - 04-16-2021, 07:39 AM