Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the exact size of the serpentine belt of Sidekick Sport 1.8l with AC
(11-09-2020, 12:09 PM)rasmeidirt Wrote: As the tittle says, I currently replace with 5PK1650, but during the long idle at the stop lights, I feel the belt is loosen and the belt tension-er makes noise unless I switch off the AC. Does anybody know where can I make tension a little bit or the smaller size than this one??
serp fan belts , accessory belts.  (a shop finds the true source of noise first)
ok which one?  can I guess belt 12?
#10 is the spring loaded tension-er , I say the bearing inside #10 is bad. or worse,(all bad)   the tension-er marks to show when spring is now too weak.(and arrow)
# 7 is idler pulley.
why not have shop look at it, and they use eyes and stethoscope to find the 1 part that makes noise. then bingo.
All these parts can make noise , 19,13,7,10, and 1. all have bearings all fail, sooner or later all parts fails.  if bearing feels loose it is bad.
a bearing must turn smooth only, no grinding or loose  nor wobble nor flex in any why, other than spin.
#10 is spring loaded tension-er. it the same rules but flexed up and down , and is a spring.  

[Image: engine16.jpg]
most cars this old the tension-ers go bad.  , both of them and with springs inside, and all bearing related go bad.  this is what they do.

did you RTM the installer manual on this #10 device.  it must be installed correctly not just thrown on the engien.
take note of marks a,b,c,
a/b  shows the loaded tension normal window,  c= marks direction of tension.   we preload the b to a, then lay on belt and release  the center nut below.
on car we turn center bolt clockwise, with a wrench then lay on the belt and release the wrench,  if the pulley feels loose or grinds turned the bearing is bad. 

[Image: 485_howto.jpeg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the exact size of the serpentine belt of Sidekick Sport 1.8l with AC - by fixkick - 11-09-2020, 09:13 PM