Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitara 91 - Hardening against theft
Hi,

Sorry was in middle of hundred things after returning to civilization and getting broken into my car first night.

Car Info:
- 1991 Vitara MT, 2 door, G16a, 4wd.
 - Plate in engine compartment.
  - TYPE: ETA01V
  - LAK625K17 (SWE, car has actually been sold in neighbor country FIN)
 - No AC

Full alarm, nope its so easy to disable and not worth the trouble or cost. Garage is not an option where I live (apartment).

I also know that dedicated thief breaks a shit load with screwdriver and crowbar so this hardening thingy is mostly against for those that do 1 try and give up.. as you stated.

Anyhow I am 99,9% sure that motive was to try to get for a joyride with off-road capable vehicle, but as it did not give up on first try they just took my 20€ (about 21-22$) multimeter I forgot into the glove box. Maybe it was good there was "something to take".

I suspect its our local amphetamine addict yet again.. when I find him, well he will stop being a problem.. He also missed 2x 18L cans of gasoline in the back. And he fucking failed to break 29y old ignition lock.. shouldn't be to hard.

By the looks he tried once turning the ignition lock with flat screwdriver and then tried to take apart the plastics around it, but gave up..

So thanks. I guess I will go with hidden switch or magnetic switch or remote control switch for the fuel pump relay ground cable + steering wheel rod-lock thingy. That probably turns down most of the thieves as the car is hard to sell here and has very low value. Also mine is very recognizable due to some dings and oopses, "Vitara 4wd" tape on the sides, roof racket and front bars. Have seen no similar in our capital city area.

One additional question. What is the Amps or wattage required by the fuel pump? I guess less than 40A as largest fuse in the fusebox was 20 or 25A.

I found one remote control switch rated for 40A --> 480W. That could be hidden in the left side back paneling where the actual wires for fuel pump goes. Could setup there a wireless fuel pump ground wire cutoff. Not so easy to find when hurry Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Vitara 91 - Hardening against theft - by jwunsch - 07-27-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: Vitara 91 - Hardening against theft - by jwunsch - 07-27-2020, 08:10 AM