Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent Hesitation/Surge Problem
(02-27-2020, 03:55 AM)3Waggintails Wrote: Well just talked to second shop and still know NOTHING so far about what they have tried in testing.  I forwarded the link to this thread to them as well as some infor from Suzuki forum that one guy had gotten from here.  It was pretty concise on the cleaning the egr tube etc.

If I can get them to look at this and try it....

Owner drove it for 30 minutes this morning and said it ran great.  It does until this crap happens.  Just the other day, I had issues on my way to run errands with the hesitation/stutter and absolutely none on the way back!

That is what is so confusing and confounding to me.  I would think if it was going to have the issue, it would always do it....so I am waiting to hear back from them on what they did so far in testing other than just test driving.

many shops will not flag the bad rusted, tank, due to not wanting to order a new tank for many reasons. Spectra Premium tanks are plated inside and will not rust. (unlike naked  steel tanks do so easy; questions,
1: did you let car sit in the rain with the gas cap removed?;
2: when car runs bad, does the seem violent or smooth loss of power (violent is park bad and smooth is low fuel pressure or 4 clogged injectors)
3: when ca runs poorly , can the fast right foot, make it recover,?
lots of these cars now have a bad FPR fuel pressure regulator  and love to first intermittent causing loss of fuel pressure, and weak power but is not violent. I can weak power bogging.
like walking in a mud pit  , can not go fast  there.

4: really intermittent problems are not easy to find, (I have even removed the hood 100% off car and drove with my fuel pressure gauge (tool) attached to fuel rail, to see if pressure  goes wrong, at poor running, (low pressure bogging, too high flooding and misfiring) if reads wrong FPR test are next.
I have also did same with spark timing light attached to #4 spark wire and duct tapped it to my wipers to see if spark goes wonky at the misfiring, point..  tedious but very effective tests.
driving and flashing endless that light, (trigger taped  ON too, ) 3 wires 2 battery  one spark and I can watch spark mess up.
if engine misfires, that is what we do. and more.

trick 5, drive with OBD2 scan too scanning full time  (2 persons testing) see if pending DTC codes POP. "errors" at the time of the poor engine power,
Some mechs do not want to go the full haul, and drive the car until it faills some even take your car and us it to drive to work then OMG the nice lady was  not crazy..  YOU ARE NOT.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermittent Hesitation/Surge Problem - by fixkick - 02-27-2020, 05:33 AM