Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P0740 code
(02-04-2015, 10:49 PM)fixkick Wrote: i revised this page,
i do not have 97 drawings.

the 96 still has the fender relay.

http://www.fixkick.com/tranny/automatic-...ilure.html
"Control +F5" after load page.

find out if one pin on transmission conn., is 30 ohms? (not infinity)
if yes, make the WHITE wire go there.!!!
new fender relay, no delay module there,(from TSB bad dream)
and drive now.
hope , it works.

Hi,

I am pleased to say the CEL is off and I now have a working TCC. As I wanted to replace trans filter regardless of other matters, I dropped the trans pan and pulled the TCC solenoid for bench testing. I compared the pulled solenoid to the new from Rostra. Both tested the same electrically, but the Rostra sounded better. By sounding better I mean a clean immediate click where as the pulled off solenoid sounded slow and soft. The bench test to pass oil through straws while 12 volt on and off as shown on your site--my 1997 manual said specifically to NOT do this test--for me proved inconclusive as I always passed oil from port to port regardless of direction or whether activated by 12 volt or without 12 volts. As all my other diagnostics had left me unsure about the exact cause of my problem, I decided to install the new Rostra solenoid. Sadly, the Rostra solenoid has different proportions which made the short oil pipe about 3/8 of an inch too long to fit into the solenoid. I contacted Rostra technical service and had a cheerful and helpful person work with me. I seem unable to attach the PDF from Rostra, but Rostra indicated that they had produced 3 different OEM versions of this solenoid over the years and that I would have to bend and/or cut the pipe to fit. With some reluctance I chose to bend the short pipe around various sockets and was able to get thing to fit, albeit snuggly. It took several bending efforts and I was worried about kinking the pipe. I was expecting 4 O-rings as I figured each end of 2 pipes would have an o-ring, but the parts diagram on Fixkick showed that only the pipe ends opposite from the solenoid had O-rings. My vehicle had both O-rings in intact shape. Other than having some difficulty getting the cork like Purolator gasket from the trans filter kit (my kit was Purolator part P1149 for about $15 off Amazon which on Purolator.com showed as the kit for LLV postal vehicles) to seal, the job went well enough. Thank you Fixkick for sharing your expertise as I never would have made it without your help.
that sound test is good. (valve seat sounds, count)
oddm how they said not to do the early 3L30 checks 89 for 96? and newer, but now you know.

nice work making pipes fit , i never knew the pipe evolved on 3L30. why is a wonder?
wow and fixed the Dead, lockup.
what a blessing there.
also may be ,the valve is not fully operational now, with out full line pressure, (like fuel injectors are)
all good input !!!! must be pressure sensitive in later years.

lots of hardwork and low cost parts. and you're good to go !!

happy spring and good luck keeping that CEL lamp dead.
cheers !
http://www.fixkick.com