Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fault diagnostic codes P0606 &p0605
I Was driving my car and the engine light comes on and I have no acceleration.
Im guessing this is my cars version of limp mode.

My car is a Holden Epica 2007 CDX on petrol. (Australian car)
The adive code in p0606, but there is also another code listed p0605

Can some one please help me with this.
Dont wont to take it to a mechanic for them to lie and steal me out of money i dont even have.

I have freeze frames for both codes, i dont know if it will help, i dont even understand it.
Any help would be much appreciated!
605/06.
which engine is that? and size? displacement and cylinder count, or real name, 2.5?Liter? or 2.0L?
some ECU this means bad ECU memory or bad power, check all ECU fuses.. up to 3 on some cars.

i skin back the fake badges and its really a :
The Daewoo Tosca is a mid-size car built by GM Daewoo in South Korea and marketed worldwide by General Motors (GM) as the Chevrolet Epica, Chevrolet Tosca and Holden Epica.
with (1 of 3 engines, no diesel) which engine, the ECU matches ENGINE and 606 is ECU.
1.8 L Family II I4 (petrol)
2.0 L RA 420 SOHC I4 (tubrocharged diesel)
2.0 L XK I6 (petrol)
2.5 L XK I6 (petrol)

some times knowing what a car really is , you can get facts based on the base car and for sure base engine.
case in point , is engine Daewoo or GM?
that be my focus , lacking real FSM on your car.

id inspect all ECU harness ends at all sensors and all actuators for frayed wires, as shorts can cause this.. even with good ECU.

keep in mind looking up that DTC P0605/6 you need to look only in the Holden FSM book, or get wrong advice. I dont have access to any Holden data.
and limited Daewoo. (they failed here)
the GM Family II engine, is that what you have, the 1.8 , i really cant guess and engine is 1st.

got one of these under that bonnet.?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_II_engine#1.8

that be 100% different from any Daewoo engine or ECU EFI.

all cars have either a VIN (that has the engine code)
or a large placard plate, with chassis number and engine clearly stated.
usually under hood (bonnet)
at the least displacment (size) and you can see number of cylinders and if its 4 or or V6 or?
http://www.fixkick.com