Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997 sidekick sport head gasket replace
First off, I am glad I found this place
Vehicle is 1997 sidekick sport jlx 1.8 and it recently overheated while parked. I noticed the temp and shut the kick off and as soon as I did there was steam and antifreeze everywhere I removed the radiator and realized the bottom portion of the radiator had cracked 9 inches in length there was no repairing it. I replaced the radiator topped off the antifreezeĀ and got it started after a few miles driving it overheated again and this time refused to start. After getting it towed home I tried again it would crank but no start I checked the plugs and they were drenched in oil so I changed the valve cover gasket cleaned it up and realized the antifreeze had gotten to the oil so I changed the oil and filter.. new valve cover gasket, spark plugs changed but now I need to figure out where the oil and antifreeze mixed I cannot find anything anywhere on steps as to going about changing the head gasket. Is that the first place to start or what else should I look for please help thank you in advance