Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 ECU blown diode?
good the code 12, not start, this is key fact.
then next is does injector spray,, nothing can be more key then.

nah , the grounds work best stock unless you want to wire it to ECU super ground.
pin ECU A24, it goes there stock but in an odd fashion.

the ecu is grounded at.B3, A4 and A10, black-blue is main ground the ecu then passes that on, internally to the sensors. at A24.
if the tps ground opens on all G16s the injections halt, until corrected.
this is a feature of all cars and all ECU/PCM's in use. Called UNFLOOD MODE.
12s flashing.:
if i saw my injector stop, id be all over TPS ground like , mad dog. it have voltmer there now, minus to battery minus lug and red meter to tps ground 0v is good.
if that passes, then the fuel pressure is next. no kick this old monitors pressure. the ECU just trusts it at all times to be perfect.

body grounds, is best for lights, horns, and low tech things, and never for EFI, ever.

the ECU must have good grounds, or it will fail. ,or error or, messup.

if i had a 1990 id buy the 90 book. it shows the full harness paths in vivid details.

the best in the west bar none, is the real deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Suzuki-Side...25&vxp=mtr

the pair cover it all , one has the electrics.

my schematics page covers some of this. page 2
http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/89/1990-scan-...lpages.pdf

the black tps wire, pin goes to S251 ( this is a mid harness splice, hidden under harness tape real well) my guess is someone was playing with your car, wiring.
s251 i think is a crimp to all sensors. then to ecu ground, (s means splice , i think)
if it was at the engine block or body, these car called Gxxx ground, s.... yours is wrong.

all sensors run off that S251 splice as page 2 shows.
The ecu uses G103 for all ground power feeds. see page 4
in not sure wire 103 is but all newer cars its top starter bolt ground lug, so if that cable is bad, the ECU goes nuts, never seen one 20 years old good, acid kills this tool. battery cables.

that is what i have, for 90s.
conclusion.
Evidence, flashes 12s cranked, injector dead.
TPS ground measure not 0v, and is not wired stock, so? id fix that first. thats not a bad ground this is HACK job;.

also on many ECU,s a dark secret! (ecu school 101)
the sensor ground is monitored, (can be)
that is, the ECU sees small errors in the ground (say 0.1v)
then corrects all calculations (say ECT/map) to allow for this the small error. (moving this ground is a travesty to the design)
in this case 4 things, and the MAP errors would be big., if way off due to it ,creates fueling rates, so the map must read accurately

id check out S251,
my guess is the ecu sends (ECU) one wire to engine bay and the ground fans out like a birds tail. at S251, inside harness.

also when the battery minus cable fails , one body ground likes to burn up, due to illegal 100 amps starter current there.
on my 91 g100 smokes, and need to be fixed after,battery cables.
the alternator can go nuts, then high voltage and smoke a ECU.
so, the grounds all need to be good.
http://www.fixkick.com