Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 screamer
(07-06-2021, 03:20 PM)Flamecat68 Wrote: By moped fuel valve to do you mean a fuel tap or petcock on off to control the vacuum on the cold start dash pot? It appears you T'ed in on the vsv supply from manifold to cause the dash pot to bump 500rpm until the ISC takes over?

Hope fixkick wont mind me writing into this thread. Wink

Car info. 1991 Swedish 2d 5MT Vitara sold as new by suzuki dealer in neighbor country Finland. Strangely has 89/90 injector setup (original)̣.

Idea is to do about the same as IAC does. Basically add a vacuum leak to boost RPM. After the golf tee experiment I got bit longer hose, moved it to drivers side near right knee. Its visible normally, but I can hide it under my radio when going to vehicle inspection as here you can not mechanically tampers with any fuel injection (software tampering is ok tho).

So now I have valve and when I fully open it cold its about 2200 rpm after dash pot ends its own boost. By turning the valve (very slowly and precisely) I can select what ever RPM between 200 and 2200 RPM on cold start. Nice for example in winter when I need to scrape ice and snow from windows.

With real needle valve selecting the RPM would be much easier, but it does what it needs. I can start and drive cold and then get normal RPM hot.

(Also can be used has "hand throttle" when hot. Max RPM fully open 2500).

Here is a pic of it. I will update it to my thread too in case someone else has the same problem. Nasty thing that there are no new part to replace the wax pellet / rubber crap inside IAC so hacking is best option as 30y old TB would just end up in same problem.

Hose connects to slimmer white nipple. There is no glue in it. Clear hose's inner diameter was about 1mm smaller than the outer diameter of black hose, so I had to cut a bevel to the black hose and then use quite much force to push it inside the clear one. Could not find a fitting peace from 4mm hose to 1/4" hose with any realistic effort from my home town.