Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air intake (heated vs non-heated) and IAC bypass
it does compensate/regulate for AC and power steering though. definately does that.
headlights,blower,defroster, anything else does not cause regulating though. never actually tried all of these together (to see the reaction), but if i turn on just one at a time, there is a slight (just slight) rpm drop and no compensation. again, AC and PS excluded, there is always a reaction to these.

(04-27-2016, 08:28 AM)fixkick Wrote: the 2000 ohms causes ECU to see hotter coolant, so would go leaner. 60c water shows 68c water (lied) this should be trivial change .
2000 across 580 =450ohms.
not a big change at all but at 0c it be huge lie. 0c reads 45c, huge change and vastly leaner.

on one for the coldest mornings here (~12C) i measured my ECT @3.5k ohms. with the 2k at parallel, the ECU should think its about 36C. sure, its a lie, agreed. but on operating temp (~85C), the lie is only a couple of degrees C. which (i think) is negligible.
the point is, (leaving aside smog and such) is it safe for the engine (exhaust valves anyone? Tongue) to run lean when cold? its a 5 minute warmup, not too long, but still... you think i am stretching anything here?
Vitara 1998, 1.6L/16v, 5door, 5speed, G16BS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: air intake (heated vs non-heated) and IAC bypass - by kthnos - 04-27-2016, 11:18 AM