Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air intake (heated vs non-heated) and IAC bypass
(04-27-2016, 03:11 AM)fixkick Wrote: g16's dont shake cold or hot, they do not.
-> mine started doing this only after i added the 2k resistor. only at really cold mornings though.

unless it's misfiring and that is not normal at all.
it for sure is NOT THE IAC doing that, faster idles actually burns better ! extra air , better.
if compression good.

lash good.
-> valve lash will be checked thursday morning. i will get back to you with the results.

egr not stuck open (its new and not)
->definately not a problem now. it used to, but the new EGR solved those issues for good.

spark timed, at spec, (freeze jump set)
->spark timing is at 8 degrees. i know spec is 5, but we have RON95 fuel here. which allows 8 degrees easily i think.

plugs at .7mm spec, not at NGK factory setting, ever.
->gaps are wrong at mine. will be fixed definately on thursday morning as well.

MAG wires, are a huge value here, hot spark always is on all Otto cycles engines.,
->my wires are Beru. its a good brand (germany) as far as i hear around. i wanted NGK but they were out of stock at the time.

if that is good, then it has fueling issues , purely, not air issues.

i tend to think (magic crystal ball) that its leaking injectors. but no proof yet, just that black cloud over the car.
->injectors will be cleaned within the next month. i found a local guy but i need to see his equipment by myself. otherwise i will have to travel 100km to another city to do them.

if on a hot engine rap the MAF with back side of screw driver, if rpm changes, maf has serious problems.
gently.
->no such issues with my MAF.

here is my live driving map plots 1 of 3 on my maf page
this is real. from my 96 scanner, and dumped in to MS Excel.
http://www.fixkick.com/my96-16v/MAF-TPS.JPG

in the end we do fuel pressure test over 10 of them.
the ECU on this car does not monitor pressure nor correct for it.
it just injects wrong when pressure is wrong. (o2 tries to cure it sure but 02 is dead, accelerating)

we are working 2 separate issues,
misfire
and bad idle cold. (races, not stalling)
-> i think bad idle at cold was cured. its at 1500rpm now. and hot idle is at 850rpm (or 750rpm with headlights on).

so seems confusing , but is not.

misfire usually causes stalls.
if present,, and never racing, ever.
Vitara 1998, 1.6L/16v, 5door, 5speed, G16BS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: air intake (heated vs non-heated) and IAC bypass - by kthnos - 04-27-2016, 08:05 AM