Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the original cluster Tacho work with Megasquirt
that is correct.
if running the stock 91 dizzy and stock 91 coil and stock 91 ignitor module, via the MS, (like mine) do not forget to invert spark proper or the coil burns up. (one BIT data param., in software wrong and BOOM)
or the driver burns up or BOTH. scope the coil minus wire, before wiring in a real coil.

this is easy, just use any coil of wire on any relay. as a dummy load.
use and old VSV valve for an ignition coil. or a 100 ohm resistor, or the like. (think, enough resistance to flow current and not blow up parts)
test 1:
see that the spark COIL MINUS LUG ! stays at 12v key on, and only pulses low , when firing, if not? BOOM, lots of smoke.
running near infinite dwell is BOOM on MPI it's $400 burned up cops on a 2 +liter. a big FU.
Be glad you motor dont have 4 cops to burn up, and they are 10x more easy to do that.

Answer. wow , so easy , as , its stock spark.
then you left out 2 more stock parts.
the condenser. missing only causes radio noise. (auto systems , or ? other devices)
and the suppressor.<<< bingo.
the suppressor is the signal source from the coil.

if missing SUPRESSOR ,the brown wire dies, if it dies on a stock car , fueling is cut.
on a non stock ECU {MS-old}, (crash and burn feature skipped, and bad idea, I warned them but they , blew me off,,,,, never again MS for me.)
then the tach only dies , if the brown wire is dead. in your case.

put back the suppressor. I ran the stock harness too, using a very fancy adapter i designed. (so if MS blows up. the stock ECU just plugs in in 5min)
TBI all the way.

condensor not showning is simple drawing, below.
http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/8v-tbi-schematic91to95.jpg
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making the original cluster Tacho work with Megasquirt - by fixkick - 06-01-2013, 04:31 AM