Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapping a 97 short block into my 94
I intend on using known brand quality parts for my rebuild.
The penny pincher stuffed applies only to the crank.
Why spend $50, 60 or more on a donor crank, to then have it machined for another $75 or more here
Ill just wait for my crank.

Its good, is running.
Thats the take longer part. If somebody gives one away for free, Ill take any day.

As for the other parts, thanks for giving the advice again of the no name crap parts. Your e-cat trick works all the time and I use it all the time to find brand parts fitment. As to the oil pump, yes a bit ahead, but is just a question. Im curious, and you know that.

Ill keep you posted as I progress, in the meantime Ill keep cleaning the block to get it ready for the rebuild.

As always, many thanks!!

Javier

We have a couple of autoparts, but the franchise ones. Ironically they don't carry most of this stuff (rebuild parts): AutoZone, Durablast, Pepboys, etc. Independent auto stores for sure, most of my civic rebuild parts were bought at independent auto parts and they do carry quality brand name parts like, Sealed Power, NPR, Hastings, Taiho, Clevite, YPC etc.

Hell, there is one store, that has (and to my amazement first time I went) shelfs and shelfs of rebuild parts and precision tools: rings, bearing, oil pumps, pistons, etc and right next to them is the Machine shop.

How convenient? Actually same owner with 2 business. Smart guy Id say. So getting parts won't be a problem.

Javier
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swapping a 97 short block into my 94 - by zukitrek - 04-22-2016, 06:13 AM