Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine finally runs OK, but no real power!
So, if the Ignition adv should be -8 Deg BTDC? According to the Rhinoview, the car's ignition adv. is at +15 deg! How can it be?
I used the timing light to set it it at exactly -8 BTDC with the static timing bit. Moreover, I first thought the TDC might have been screwed up since I changed the timing belt. But, then I insured that the cylinder 1 is at TDC at the firing cycle (with valve lash lose), when I put the distributer on at 11 PM..

I understand that TDC is set when Cylinder 4 is at TDC, correct? Now the question is whether the TDC should be at the firing cycle of cylinder 4 (i.e., when the valve lash is lose?)
Could you please clarify this for me.

One last request; could please give me simple answers for the following questions that I asked in my last thread, but got no answer for (PLEASE!)
Simple questions:
]1. Should there be vacuum in hose no. 27 at idle?
2. Should there be vacuum in it when revving the engine?
3. Is what I have described abnormal?
The engine backfires like hell! Everything else is set to spec. The TPS is 0 V at idle too.

Please tell me in layman terms whether the lack of vacuum is normal!

Cheers,
Zackman.
[color=#800080][b]91 Sidekick JX, 8V, S. Carolina Car, 2 dr, 3 speed Auto Trani, Halifax, NS, Canada[/b][/color]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Engine finally runs OK, but no real power! - by Zackman - 02-15-2016, 06:44 AM