Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 Geo Tracker 4x4 Manual ECU 60A31 Repair
Wow! Great responses to my add on post! So...the "cut out" was complete so to say ..dead..right foot does/did nothing. I tried..sometimes she'd fire quickly other times a couple of minutes..then finally the no start which allowed me to move forward.....I'd like to say that I am in British Columbia so canadian stuff here. Both of my ecu's are virgins...I checked. their decals both say 60A91 CAN-MT + a couple of other #'s. Black labels both.( I note red on zoomzuki's) I'm no electronics guru like you guys at all...only common sense ,38 yrs of fixing experience and many many helping hands . Super hoby...super interesting!! My rig..all good...wires plugs compression vr gapped vaccuum.. on and on ..all good.and so we move forward.I would gladly send my "bad" 60A91 to you for a look..I don't have enough knowledge to do the schemo. But...I do still have the curiosity and drive to learn!! Perhaps some others could benefit which makes it worth while.The caps in the failed ecu hardly look bad ..not like the ones in your link which makes me think heat soak at cap base=injector fail=temporary cut out=restart until cap leak causes corrosion and ultimately the no start condition leading to an easier diagnosis!...Just guessing...let me know where to send it!! cheers Jake.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1990 Geo Tracker 4x4 Manual ECU 60A31 Repair - by Jake 1 - 11-08-2016, 01:28 PM