Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1998 Spanish build Vitara questions
never seen a MAP based MPI 16v (ok no maf) cute !
the iSC is same
im totally confused, on dual conversion here,but that normal,lots and lots of types there are,

so how does the LPG mode kill the stock injectors for Petro?
ill start there... as this is key, my guess is it kills the fuel pump, down stream.
no feed back to p-ecu, sure there is, if it has power, it has all its sensors running. and fooled.
the P-ECu thinks its injection raw petrol but is not. (ive dont this in my lab) (rpm fooling is 1st step)

what does isolate (ah removed)
see if unplugged?, the valve inside is closed then you are done if not, make a steel plate that replaces egr, gaskets will burn up if not exh,proof.

sorry no, the EGR, does many things besides smog nOX reduction,
exh valves run way cooler and last way longer.
ends the ping/knock/detonation on petrol. (have no idea at all on LPG, ) suzuki has no knock sensor and is serious issue. here... (no real protection)
you know that unheard pings will damage engines, right?
less pumping losses, cruising, egr opens , temps drop and uses less fuel , engine sucking on throttle valve hard wastes? 1,mpg? near.
egr is not a bad thing, unless the EGR paths carbons up. id never remove one, for Ping reasons, for sure unheard ping...
all usa cars P-ecu tests egr and fails hard, for EGR dead,by law. NOX and CO are nasty pollutants. code 51, or p0400.

back to this odd system(LPG mode)
the P-ECU creates all spark and advance, not your L-ECU.
so the P-ECu has power. and runs spark during LPG usage, so, CMP , and optional CKP are working as are techo signals,if not the ecu cuts injectors dead. totally!
injectors dead , means no PULSe TO THEM. MY WILD GUESS, is there is no Petrol pressure on the fuel rail under LPG ops
then the ecu thinks it is injecting petrol and is not, follow me? this is what PIGGYBACKs do, (simple to vast complexity)

that means the P-ECU, sees a working map sensor and working spark and RPM and engine load calculations all good inside the P-ecu
see?
then the pulses on the P-ecu INJ are correct for petrol if the 02 sensor works, at stoich
if all that works , the L-ECU steals the 4 injector signals (or 1) and scales them (tables?) to proper LPG rates, based on energy density of LPG(less)

if the p=ecu sees the stock 02 go lean (stoich is different for LPG for sure) its 15.5:1
so the p-ecu holds 14.7:1 and less air, and is richer for LPG, close for sure, but(one more factor to make mpg low)
or does the L-ECU have its one LPG 02? ???? see? , Im guessing real schematics in my mind.(weak)

keep in mind the P-ecu fiddles both spark timing and isc to keep ilde at 800 hot; (fast and slow servos they are)

the p-ecu runs spark and idle all its own
and is fooled in to thinking its injecting raw petrol (gasoline) but is not
this is not hard to do but to get all modes of p-ecu happy can be hard
as my turbo cars found. (goes lean at full boost &boom.)
may be he P-ecu sees the egr fail and then changes things, all bad.
some do that. on my 96-98 the egr dead the throttle gains like 6 small bog points from low to near max throttle.
i think it goes lean. one if the oddest effects ive ever seen on eFI.

on petrol engines, we have huge pumping losses.
(unlike diesels that have no throttle at all, just cuts fuel to go slow, )
the EGR really does reduce pumping losses
one buddy I have, we defeated the egr while driving. power dropped, and took more gas pedal to make up for loss
this was pumping lost effect..
the hard thing about piggybacks.
is fooling the host,under all modes. can be very hard to do that.

is your P-ecu holding closed loop 02 status running LPG? takes scan tool

scan ports
obd2 is 16 pin port, its USA only in 1996, id say spain didnt copy this or use EOBD until way later.
so is OBD1. and there are on scan tools
only these work, we think.
http://www.fixkick.com/hacking/hacked/ad...acked.html

limhome is a bad place to and will cause huge fuel waste ,seen 15mpg on petrol easy.
suzuki name is failsafe, same deal.
http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/LimpHome/failsafe.html
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
1998 Spanish build Vitara questions - by Ivan_J - 01-14-2016, 03:33 AM
RE: 1998 Spanish build Vitara questions - by fixkick - 01-15-2016, 04:05 AM