Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
[quote='fixkick' pid='5484' dateline='1452978755']
hello Mr. Carlos
not sure those numbers. % above?
the new EU limit on new cars is now 130g/km, CO2 ":: the CO2 grams is the inverse of mpg, (mpg really tells it all.)

I'm sorry, I make mistake, is not CO2 (Carcon dioxide), is CO (Carbon monoxide) I read the ITV documenT..
So the correct idle is 0,50 % CO volume, and 0,30 % at 2.500 r.p.m CO volume..
Sorry for confuse you..

and new car, say C500 0.9Liter, fiat is 84. (77mpg) (not a 1.6L but 900cc engine ) a TIER A car, low tax.
my old Vitara 1.6L does 230gr/km at 28mpg. there is no way to lower this, unless you, remove 1 cylinder. (displacement and mpg dictate CO2)
this car ..1.6L and does 220- 275 grams per km. (near zero coasting, or 15% CO2.

what are your number? co2? seems wrong or co2, what are your units (there are only 2 standards, g/km or in %)
what does 0,7 mean?

0,70 % CO volume at 2.500 r.p.m mean that CO is a little high, because the correct must to be 0,30 % CO volume, but hte officer said is Ok, because if that CO was for example 0,90 % C0 volume I couldn't pass the ITV..

The less fuel you burn the less CO2, and the higher the MPG the lower the co2, g/km (about 40 to 45 mph is that point) called the sweet spot.
0,70????? what? its not 170g/km is it grams were meter? its not %...
its not 70 gr/km as you just beat the winner this year, FIAT C500 ! no way.
very very confusing data. lacking scale or UNITS.

our data is, on the 1.6L (federal data vast collected below) 25mph (all data after cat completes its job)
HC =19ppm 2200 rpm fleet avg all.
CO = .05% super low. (engine +cat does this) (the most nasty of all this)
NOX= 124ppm (nasty 2, super bad)
CO2 = 15% (in g/km its near ~275) % can not be converted to g/km directly ,my number is from mPG conversions(mine). (suzuki is mute )

Here in ITV document I read CO only, two tests idle 0,50 % and 2.500 r.pm 0,30 % and Oxygene sensor in this case the vitara was 1,040 gr that is corrct..

our smog men can not measure g/km that takes measuring all expelled gases. (not done here)
the above data is used as a crude bench mark from your car, to pass and fail US citizens.
but g/km is what fouls the air, not %
mass per distance.

id love to see the real report, with xxxxx on names and vin.end.
i can read any report. for sure if its 5 gas, like ours. are.

Of course, but how to do ? I can make photos and post them in the gallery but I can't the gallery said 'you have quote limited' I'm trying to post but all the time unssecceful.. Anyway, I can do a exactly copy as the report but translated into English, no problem, but photos will be right too..
Or if you know what is the best to send you that report..

now that CAT, THE CAT reduces the deadly 3 gases to CO2, that means only using less fuel or driving less or slower, is GREEN (low CO2)
read that again, the deadly 3 are catalyzed and converted to CO2 and water. so add C02 it does.
HC
NOX
and CO

the CAT is not for reducing CO2, period.! its the opposite !!!

in fact it makes more CO2.!!!! read that twice....
so if the CO2 GOES OVER 15% i CAN ANSWER THAT
WHERE IS YOUR TOXIC CO??readings THIS IS a key parameter. and all others too... all tell me what's up.

I think there is not toxic CO now, my mistake about CO2 and CO confused me too.. I open in Google about CO to know what this is exactly, but appear CO2, so I believed was the same, but a friend told me that there are two CO2 and CO, that was my misanderstanding..

any time a new cat, (pretend it like magic perfect)
any time a new cat gets high HC,NOX or CO
it will rise CO2. over normal.
that is because the engine runs so bad.
that is why we use 4 gas here,
to see where oxygen is.

What mean 4 gas? Premiun, 95, 98, etc..?..
If is that, here also..

try to know the 3 deadly gasses are far worst that CO2. way worse.

" minimize the chances of damage to the catalyst, the engine does not work for an extended period if the idling is irregular or if other malfunctions"

do not a misfiring engine, or if CEL flashes, or not code 12s.
because that overheats the cat, some can glow red hot.

That systms are right, but the idle is unstable since long time as you know, especialy when start in hot, but tomorrow I'll do the Duty Cycle, I have all ready to do it, to see temp in ISC, and to measure ECT sensor, I'll tell you the results..

wish i had you real smog papers
(with privacy xxxxxxxxx.

your welcome

I'll do the my best you can see these papaers..
By mail will be the best I have one when you wrote me about malwarebytes, if not possible I'll think what to do..
Is possible here in this page ?..

are all number above CO2
and not CO
not HC
not NOX?

if are, is that %

On that paper, only one, you can read CO only..

are you confusiing, CO2 with CO
they are not the same at all

Of course, that have been this misanderstanding, you know that wrong now..

at 2500 rpm steady the ECU runs at STOICH, 14.7:1 YOU CAN'T (easy)change that. its fixed by the 02 sensors. (unless EFI is sick)
at 2500 rpm Co2 is max, at stoich.
if cat is dead, CO2 is lower. (but the 3 deadly gases or super bad)
if you force. the 02 off line, to lean, CO2 goes lower about 3% from 15% to 12.( (ecu goes super lean DE-accelerating.)
if you force. the 02 off line to rich. CO2 again goes lower, by 4% to 11% (all car do this accelerating but not flat steady cruise 30mpg)
in the last too cases, the other deadly 3 gases kill people an ozone and acid rain, far far worse than co2. for sure.

what then is best.?
answer (car only not driving)
make sure closed loop works at 15mph 25mph and 50mph on flat ground. means you are at SHOICH 14.7:1 aFR.
and a fresh cat. old cats are not green.
just like new cars do.

now lets talk cat
see my smog reports before? al 5 gases, (meas, ave , max allowed)
if you know engine runs right
and meas, boxes (your car) is above AVG.
that is a clue of a weakened cat.

What mean is avobe AVG ?..
Before new TBI there was too much and stank, but now is as normal..

the ave here is huge number of cars, in CALIF its a long 20 year run of data
super accurate.
[/quote

That right, I want to get the vitara was in a right enviromente conditions too, of course..
After chcking the vitara with Multimeter I'll tell you everthyng about..

Thanks Mr Jerry and cheers!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 01-19-2016, 10:43 PM