Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
Hello!! How are you ?

Finally the vitara passed ITV (Inspection Technical Vehicle), although the idle and 2500 r.p.m CO2 (Carbon Dioxide Emissions), tests were a little high, the officer said they were in the limit but is OK.. Idle right is 0,50, the vitara was between 0,50 and 0,70 and was very unstable, and the 2500 r.p.m right is 0,30, but the vitara was between 0,50 and 0,70 and very unstable too, I could see them on the screen also..

But if is possible I like to reduce that CO2 result to avoid enviromental emissions and not for no spend excesive gasoline, because the vitar spends less than 8 litter to 100 km on the road at a speed between 95 and 100 km/h about, depending dual carrageway, National Road, etc..

Last year before install new TBi the idle was 11,50 and to 2500 r.p.m was 13,40 so high, then I could't pass the ITV but we have two months to come back agin to a new ITV, the the result was as this time, then I passed the ITV too..

I told him all we are made about and showing him the purchase invoice of new TBI, new Oxygene sensor, new distributoe cap and rotor..

So I asked him for what is CO2 high, but he din't know he said is vey odd.. But for the momment until next year don't worry about ITV agian..

Before go to ITV iI checked the sparks plugs they are as the vitara mantenance said NGK BPR5ES, and they have 0,70 as have to be..
And the new distributor cap new rotor came two days before ITV and I installed them, but the result was the same, but I'm content to install these new parts..

I have Multimeter 2800B he came from Nevada two days ago, so I'm going to test everything I can do, first the Duty Cycle, them ECT coolant sensor as suspisous about cheating to the our friend ECu, that sensor is new and it have one year only, but I want to check it..

But, after passed ITV I started thinking if the problem about C02 high is because the CAT is in not right condition, blocked (I don't think so), or it lost its gas converter propierties, and that is not an crazy idea, because the vitara mantenance manual said : CAUTION
"to minimize the chances of damage to the catalyst, the engine does not work for an extended period if the idling is irregular or if other malfunctions"

The vitara made about 3000 km with the new TBI and in the city 300 km only, so I think the CAT have to be clean, but..

Well my friend you are now a day, if you like something to say or commet I will be glad to read it..

Cheers!!.. And thanks for being there!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 01-17-2016, 05:28 AM