Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
(01-04-2016, 10:24 PM)fixkick Wrote: the cars in Europe
if you look at a real EPC, the real electronic part cats, they have many different distributors there, unlike our ONE. (one per 8v, one pre 16)
but not so there, and then there is the specter of Santana's.... more distribs?
rotor is clearly wrong, for that cap, but in truth, wrong for that distributor, (cap/rotor/dist,) must MATCH. and many DONT there. (same with other parts)
let me get the correct parts numbers for a Santana and then cross them. for you.
now.

But these pieces, distributor cap, and roto, are the same that the vitara have been since I bought it in 1996, Santana made some model of this vitara only, has different parts as are normal in another vitaras, as DLC next to the headlight instead next to the battery, ignitor coil inside distributor or the glove compartment in the dashboard different from other model..

to use EBAY here, you must have Paypal.
and that takes a Paypal activation to checking or VISA, or MC etc.
once set up, its a click and go. pay, now.

I bought this MST 2800B from U.S.A by eBay using PayPal, it will come next week..
I'll do duty cycle, r.pm and all kind of measurements I can do..
Thanks for recommend also that device..

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Digital-Tachomete...Dh0EgR2TbQ

vsig
Vitara JLK (not a Sidekick )with G16A engine 8 valves, by Santana of Spain mfg plant
the engines there are called TYPES, and they have many types. some with unique distributors and ECU.
finding parts that fit can be hard, aftermarket. do to variances.
ill now get the real suzuki numbers for that engine. DISTRIB.
and see how many suzuki it fits, (can help cross refr, parts)

what to do?
to see fair prices, go to rockauto.com
see choices , max and price.
there is no reason to get ripped off.... with those facts known....
400% mark up over retail is wild scalping , IMO. (like dealers do)
then using those part numbers google search for locals that have fair prices....

the clue you see is the connector is different on the side of the distributor

Yes, I did some photo of this distributor cap to compare before buy a new one distributor cap and rotor..
I have been researching in Google but i couldn't find any.. In SEKIDO japanese parts I found them but when I use these references to find in Google appear only all kind of distributors caps in the Market but with five wire, and the rotor are different too..
The drawing you can see in photo gallery is fron SEKIDO page but these reference don't MATCH with these pieces..

this is your clue as to it being so very different inside , too.
i have the SUZUKI parts catalog, world wide. (and book versions,. all very rare now.)
and includes the santana.
more soon,

Quote:This cap has four wire only they are to the spark plugs (photo), it's differnet from the manual, but the vitara have been this model all the time, by the way, I don't know where is the ignitor coil, high voltage come to the distributor from a conic piece inside it..

i cant understand this.
are you saying the cap is not 5 high voltage wires? that means the induction spark coil is in side the distributor casing.
the coil inside has this tall plastic rod and brass tip, it is the spark coil

Yes, distributor has four wires only, and the spark coil is inside and the hidh current come to the carbon across that rod brass tip..
You say in one of your page that some vitara model in U.SA has that system..

ours did this in 1996, the 1995 and older are FIRE WALL Coils. descrete
how many pins on side of distrib base.

The connector has seven pins or at lees seven wires, you can see it in photo gallery..
I think that rotor is worn, and you can see a small crack next to that set screw in distributor cap, I removes cap because I saw that crack, perhaps there is not problem for the moment, and for that I thought to buy a new onw cap too..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 01-05-2016, 08:20 PM