Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
(12-17-2015, 06:35 AM)fixkick Wrote: welcome again, and glad to help you,

Thanks Fix, I'was waiting to see what happen about the new Oxygene sensor..

yes, the duty cycle must be set, with any changes to the air leaks, and for age the iSC will leak a bit and we correct that with the bleed, (Cw turned to attain 50%)

Yes, I'm going to get a meter as you have, and not chinesse but from EU, but for the moment the vitara is in the mech, the new Oxygene sensor came yesterday so I took the vitara there, because CO2 problem could be from that sensor I told to the mech about two months before 'change oxygene sensor' but he said the OBD don't see error code in it, but now he sais maybe is failing..
And after that I'll do the duty cycle by myself with multimeter, of course..

First, the mech said 'no problem because 0,7 grams you could pass technical inspection'.. But I told him, that this is no the real problem, the problem is environment, but for the most people environment is nothing.. The ignorance is very high in this crazy Word..
I¡ll do duty cycle by the bleed at 50 % by DLC I have the ground cable service as the manual show and all information ready to do it..

CO2? really they do CO2... the least harmful smog gas of them all. ? wow.!
not HC? (unburnd petrol)

not NOX (nasty of the big nasty, acid rain, and burned lungs, horrid stuff) was almost killed on boat a large ship by this gas... (blacked out)
not CO (deadly of all, carbon monoxide, like breathing BBQ fuses , death...)
that is really crazy , as and engine that burns every drop of fuel, leaving no OXYGEN left , has MAX CO2, (that is why smaller engines are the cure to high CO2 and cure to GLOBAL WORMING (sic, pun intended)

I'm studing about environment since long time ago, I know all of this, in Kolkata, India for example, 10.000 people died two years ago because lung problem, they were bus and autorisckshaw drivers, I was there because I'm going to India since long time ago..
And there was an island named New More, and Indian Government and Bangla Desh Government fought for belong to one of them, but you know, the problem is over, because the Global Warming expands the waters of the Seas, so that island don't exist now..
There are so many troubles in these areas, especially in Indonesia, so many island are being invaded by the Sea.. Not to mention deseases as malaria, dengue, olive trees desapearing in Nouth Africa, or the China situation, whee almos 75 % rivers no longer have fishes, the most people have to use mask to go to the streets..
But, the industry don't stop, I use the vitara as little as possible, normally I use buses or walking to go to any place, for that it has after twenty years 140.000 km only..

guess. not percent.

Yes, is not percent, are grams by km..

The 02 may be bad. if old it probaby is. bad.
or have exhaust leak.

post your full smog station report, please. I can read them well.
also , you can replace the CAT, and this can hide a dirty engine (smog)
the stock cat is 3way cat. and cuts 3 forms of smog.

Sorry, I don't knw what is that CAT in station, this is system to load petrol in pump station ?

what folder is your new photos,, would love to see them as I have the others...?

Last time when I went to upload a photo in the gallery it said "your excded your limited quote" so I'll tried three times more to upload others, but I couldn't do nothing..
Then, I thought maybe there were too much photos in gallery, so I removed some photos not too much important, to upload more new photos but never succssefully..

the chart above is before the CAT, after is way less. but not CO2.
normal CO2 emission on 1.6L gas engine is tad below 200gram/mile.
note when accelerating C02 drops , then the engine wastes fuel.
then CO rises, the most deadly of all gases (related to burning petrol gas)

I see the chart, is not easy for me to understand it but is an explanation about to avoid smos and others gases..

are you sure they are testing for CO2?
to pass the CO2 test, one gets it to max, with 02 lowest.
most G16s running poorly (smog wise) are rich. and some even make extra power doing so, that fools many a person.

to pass test at 2500rpm (here is 25mph and 15mph)
get the ECU into closed loop. at 2500 steady throttle (means the 02 sensors is holding STOICH Air to fuel ratio )
and it will pass.. his tests.
if not, the CAT is bad. (or o2 bad , it can seem to work but is poisoned and biased. and is good cause to put in a new one well before the smog man looks.)

http://www.fixkick.com/smog/smog.html

this is a passing sidekick
HC is tad high but that is weak CAT but passed by a hair.
note the 14% CO2, totally normal and totally high.!!!
[Image: smog95-16v-passing.jpg]

note the real low CO
and low 02.
a good burn.
wish i had pre CAT data but dont. my guess HC is high because cat is Cold or weak.
don't do the test until you get that CAT good and hot.

Yes, the vitara is hot when I pass that test because I have to go long to the Technical Inspection..
Here in idle the gasoline vehicle has to have 0,30, and about 2.500 r.p.m has to have 0,50 in CO2..
I don't konw exactly what they are measuring, they put a machine connected to exhaust tail pipe, I tjink is about CO2..

I think when the Oxygene sensor be installed all everything about will change, and more when I do the duty cycle by myself, of course..
I think the mech must to start to install that oxygene sensor from the beginning..

Well, friend I'll try to upload a new photo about PCV cracked that I removed fron the vitara installing after a new one..

I wisch to you and to your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2016..
Feliz Navidad y próspero Año Nuevo 2016..

Your friend Rolleyes

Luis..

Sorry Fix, In the gallery is in the same situation..

I removed a photo with 365 KB because this.

Quota Limit 19.07MB
Quota Space Used 18.89MB
Quota Space Left 192.86kB

But after I deletd it the same continue..

Quota Limit 19.07MB
Quota Space Used 18.89MB
Quota Space Left 192.86kB

Always said the same never mind how many photo I could delete..
Anyway, when all be OK I'll upload all photos again to the gallery, of courss..

Luis..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 12-23-2015, 09:43 PM