Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
[quote='fixkick' pid='4974' dateline='1448232599']
Vitara JLK or Sidekick with G16A engine 8 valves
seems like all along its and air leak and more issues....

Yes, is possible, there are more issues, and perhaps there are not any leaks..

but running rich is not the TB bad ! not ever !, all air leaks cause fast idle but the fuel mix is perfect (hot) with all air leaks (vacuum leaks) the MAP sensor does that magic, it measure plenum vacuum, the ECU then Calculates the correct fuel , matching the vacaum (baro readings)
or plenum baro or as many say , plenum baro pressures, 0 pressure is max vacuum.
the 02 sensor then kicks in and sets air fuel ratios, even more perfectly no matter the air leaks, see why?
this is no MPI engine where leaks cause lean, this NOT MPI, and not MAF engines. at all. (a world of difference)

OK..

unless the old IAC is bad (stuck open or closed), or the throttle bore damaged, then all 3 of those TSBs were good, every one.!
sorry but that is a fact. (dash pot device too must work. retracts is what it does and very easy to see that action. and hear it drop. )

We saw as D/P retract very well in could and in hot..

running rich has many causes..
o2 reading wrong hot. only, and only at idle and only at light cruse, and is disabled accelerating and at wide open throttle.
exhaust leaks near that 02 make it read max 0xygen (reads 0v all the time) and the engine goes to , MAX RICH. (seeing 02 stuck max lean)

I haven't forgoten that O2 sensor, the mechanic said it was OK.. It has about ten years only and not too much km, but is another candidate..

fuel pressure too high
a bad ecu, in limphome or backup mode, or crashing (bad cap's)
leaking injector
ECT reads cold all the time ,

That was my first assumption ECT reads could all the time..

IAT reads cold all the time.
(assumes spark is good and timed right and cam timed right and 150psi or more on all cylinders.
end rich,
and besides all that, you have an air leak.

Probably that is, but as you say is possible mpre issues..

the air leak and fast idle is ONLY a distraction, to rich symptoms.

A distraction, that's a very interesting concept..

where the leak is? is below that throttle plate some where.
if all hoses do do not leak end to end (that means the diaphrams on the end too or VSV or what ever.... is there.)
the the intake is cracked or has a bad intake manifold to head gasket there. (seem them missing too,....)
there is a leak there
the proof.
you had zero air supply and it ran. end story. you have a leak,. for sure.
and is only ONE problem.
seems not the WORST.

I'm agrred 99 % with you, because all tests lead to us to the same diagnosis..
But could be a dwarf devil hidden there..

I uploaded some videos to YouTube again, faillure other system..
I hope you can see them..

First video is the true problem, when the engine start in hot, and the idle need stepping on the accelerator a little to drop to 800 r.p.m more or less..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFif85QyBw

Second, when start in hot but ISC coupler is disconnected, after a few seconds, then I connect it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNwlgjTh5Ak

]Third, air test blocking the mean entrance, but the gases from the crankcase have free outlet, I blocked the entrance in the horn to avoid inlet freh air..
Then, there is not any sound, different when gases fron the crankcase couldn't go out, and was possible to damage crankshaft seals..
You can see it twice.

: https://youtu.be/sBCuplU0_IA

Well, you can see what I'm doing about to rule out errors..

ISC air hose and its clamps are new..
D/P and EGR vacuum are all new..
I claned EGR the last year,so when I opened it again it was clean, and I did test about according the manual, i.e. in could if you accelerate don't work, don't move diaphragm, in hot it move forward if you accelerate, and backward if you decelarate..
All test were OK..

But I bought a new one with a new gasket too, first because I see that outline, and because is good to the environment..

You can read in red Spanish letters

" diaphragms with air intakes ?"

Perhaps this photo faillure to insert..

http://ge.tt/3PPsWMS2/v/0?c

The diaphragm of the old EGR is much more easy to move it, but the new EGR diaphragm is more hard to move..
So I'm content to buy a new one EGR, it cost 90 E, $96,46..

I'll fix it tomorrow..

I tested PVC according manual blown air to intake manifold and was difficult to get the air inlet, and when I removed it the ball sounded 'clac, clack'...
But I bought a new one too, because the vitara has almost twenty years as you know, and PVC is very important to the environmnet too..
$12 only.. I'm waiting to come it..

I cleaned some engine ground connections, especially ground ECU and sensors in the termostat box, other one more next to the battery, timming and any other I see..

After I did the air test you can see in the third link, I went to the mechanic to tell him all about, because he said me 'come again after yo put the new gasket on the top horn'..
Then today, we were doing the same air test, and he said probably there is an air leak, but is possible another issues too..

So, I told him that happen when I'm going to the Land Sur 4X4 shop (Land is for Land Rover) to buy some parts like termostat, or radiator cap, and they were wrong and I had to go back to the shop again to given them the chasis number..
And he told me 'I know that, bring the vitara on thursday, I'll remove TBI again because I told them to bring a new TBI bottom gasket, but I'm not sure wgat about what I install, to see if the famous five holes are blocked..

I told him about DLC and indicate where it was in the engine room, he told me he did the duty cycle in the ECU, not in DLC..
I told him to remove TBI together on thursday, he said, 'not problem come here'..

You know, I didn't tell you for what the mechanic sometimes forget to put some parts in any cars..
Because so many people or from his familiy are calling him by mobile phone all the time, he's interrupted by so many phone calls, so that way is difficult to work..
Today, I had very good luck, two calls in three minutes only..

I have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, my brother did it, and you was right, there were three dwarf hell hidden..
You can see one of them.

And this one maybe faillure too..

http://ge.tt/8FfjXMS2/v/0?c

Well, that all for the moment, its twelve o'cloc p.m..

Thanks and cheers!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 11-24-2015, 09:02 AM