Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
[quote='fixkick' pid='4842' dateline='1447186638']
ok, the pinch test , passes, ISC air pinch. great, SO HAPPY FOR YOU ! Vacuum leaks are a pain to find.
im now scratching my head, and thinking, I wonder if Spain has there own rules for idle and your own ECU and all. (software and tables, for SPAIN.)
sorry im so ignorant about in Spain.(ECU's)

[/color]Don't worry about, but I think that rules are the same because the manual rules in English and in Spanish are identics..
Well, that is my opinion only..

But as I told you before that after two days passed from that test, I pinched ISC air hose with my fingers again but this time idle barely drop to 700 r.p.m only...
I did the same to the next day and the result was teh same 700 r.p.m as a lotery..
So I'm going to do the same test closing with a cap the ISC nozzle after remove the air hose, and close it with a cone in its end, thrn I'll colse the bleed screw gently and tnen we'll see what happen by a video..

I'll do other test will be closing the mean air inlet from the filtet..

Duty cycle setting easy way( hope meter works)
so hot engine. (spark timing ok, and 800 hot idle is normal for most G16s made , world wide)
idle switch closed, it is.
find the bleed screw, (expose it if covered)
then put any DMM meter 20vdc scale (DC volts) back probing back side of ISC pin connectors, (connected) from back side, (use needles on both test leads)
then set the bleed screw to 7vdc, above. (14v it high ,0 is low, set to 7v and that is 50% duty cycle.)
that is all the is to it.
use a modern meter not some relic 1980s slug meter.
that is it..

Yes, I saw that test in Suzuki rhino manual and I found the DLC in the vitara hidden under the right head light..
But while I was checking the engine room again I discovered that the gasket on the TBI top is very deteriorate, so I'm waiting that the new onw come, so I went again to mechanic to tell him everthyng about we are in the Forum, he said OK, so he said he did the duty cycle with the OBD, and I think twice, when fist time he installed the TBI, and when I took the vitara again, but I think he did duty cycle in the ECM, not in DLC, because the DCL plug was intact, whitout nobody had opened it never, dirty, as an archeological item..

Then, he said 'when that gasket come, bring the vitara here I'll put it', but I said 'don't woory I''ll do it'..
Then he said 'if the leaks (toma de aire in Spanish) continue, bring the car to checking it again'..
But this time together he and I checking the vitara..

if cold idle is too low then you get the hack the stock ISC factory settings, I'd go easy on that. and not fool the ECU too much.

[color=#800080] I'll tell that to the mechanic..

omg i stole your photo, but gave credit

http://www.fixkick.com/fresh-air/Slide_S...ge_11.html

You can use all my photos as you want and anywhere you like..

the factory setting device is part marked factory bottom right.

Where is that bottom ?

"The second video shows when I start in hot and the idle is almost 900 r.p.m and in that moment I pinch ISC new air hose..
Idle drop at 400 r.p.m and almost 300 r.p.m, but without need to give a bit acceleration by throttle pedal. That could mean something to explore ?.."

this is a passing test, for air leaks,

That was before I'll do that test again as I said you above, I hope there is not a lotery become worse than malwar's nightmare..

the lower the rpm (at test) means no air leaks and also means the engine is STRONG, and very good compression... all 100% good.

[color=#800080] Yes, the engine is in a perfect conditions, and the car too, for that I like to continue with it..

You can see that gasket deteriorate in gallery, anyway, I don't think that it's the problem about start in hot..

I'll try to put a photo here I think is clicking in "insert image" icon under [CLOSE TAGS]..

Cheers!! and Thanks!!

[quote='fixkick' pid='4935' dateline='1447852976']

Mr. Carlos,
sorry for your PC (issues)
That's OK, I'll install everything to protect my PC including your links..

btw, see the new low cost tool i found that can do Duty cycle on your care easy.[php]

post 24, im testing the meter , using ISC Driver, simulator. to be sure it works at 200HZ and 12-14vdc.
http://www.fixkick.com/bbs2/Suzuki-bbs/s...768&page=3

many regular DMM meters, do not work, about 1/2 dont , the expensive Fluke 87v 88v (v = vehicle) are $400 to $800 USD,
these new meter seen on ebay (bought just for that and for the tach/dwell modes)
works. all three features work,

I'll wait what the mechanixc said, I'm looking and studying in the manual 6E-63 how to do duty cycle, I have to buy a meter only or some one lend me, no problem..
I inserted two new photo in the gallery..

We in touch..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 11-19-2015, 12:37 AM