Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
[quote='fixkick' pid='4802' dateline='1446948012']
hello (hola) and greetings ! Buenas noches, cómo estás. (my wife is spanish)

Hola, buenas tardes, estoy muy bien, gracias!!..
Salúdela de mi parte (say hellow to your wife for me)..

good , job, you did fail the ISC air hose pinch test,. hard failure (forget smog tests, they dont care if rpm is too high, or wasted fuel, just smog)

Anyway, I made some videos to see much better what is going on, I can't for the moment send videos by anunimous pages as Ge.tt | Gett sharing, because my new camera Nikon made photos in "mov" type, to send by ge.tt I need to be "mpg" or "avi", but my brother shows me how to convert "mov" photos to "jpg" or "avi" by a program..

the plenum is that air chambers below the TB, and intake tunnels, that space that is at 20 inches vacuum at idle in total
if any parts of that leak (vacuum ) the engine races, and the ISC tries to correct that but fails, that includes throttle cable too tight,

OK, they are as underground and tunnels of an anthill, as a laberinth..

Smog test mean pinching ISC air hose ? You said forget it ? Anyway here you are other videos, I deleted the last video from Youtube for not to occupy site..

The fisrst video (below) is a beeter view when I start the engine in hot and idle is about 950 r.p.m, then, I accelerate a bit and the idle drop definitely at 800 r.p.m I think that small acceleration can be an important clue, you can see in the secod video for what I say that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2tiWL_L...e=youtu.be

The second video shows when I start in hot and the idle is almost 900 r.p.m and in that moment I pinch ISC new air hose..
Idle drop at 400 r.p.m and almost 300 r.p.m, but without need to give a bit acceleration by throttle pedal. That could mean something to explore ?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Jq4yPl...e=youtu.be

the induction has a leak. (plenum)
you now blocked the 4 normal paths and it runs, this is impossible so, that proves leaks. (TV+bleed + IAC + ISC) the TV is closed, the iac is closed (its new) and the ISC is blocked and you screwing in the bleed CW, in, and there is no air to run the engine.
one poor guy here had this and , covered the TB top air horn his hand palm and it ran, oops. big leak there.
i think your leak is small.

After I made air hose test as you said me to make, I think if there is any leaks have to be small as you said..
You can see that tets in the next video and after driving 25 km when the engine is hot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BW-_rIq...e=youtu.be

I can make the same, putting my hand on the top air horn to see what happen..

not huge, as rpm can hit 3000 easy with any larger leak..
finding it can be hard,

[/color] I agrre hard to find.. If the problem is air leakage..

using propane gas , no
flame , played around places that can leak, RPM changes , while doing so is SUSPICION.

But how and where to introduce that gas, air filter, top horn, with the engine run or off ?
In hot idle at 800 r.p.m ? or when start in hot idle fails at 900 r.p.m.?
I never did that test..

all looks good , your exhaust manifold is different than ours, but is of no importance.

I know but to now you and to see that model..
By the way, you ask me about IF tag, this is:

Santana-Motor, S.A
B-1514/C-120
VSEETV01V01101684
1500 Kg
2950 Kg
1- 710 Kg
2- 900 Kg

"So, when that hose is pinch I set the bleed screw 100 % closed gently, then I'll see what is the r.p.m. or what happen then, but I think that if ISC air hose is pinched and bleed idle screw is closed, so the engine switched of
f, or not ? "

yes, if you have the hose pinched (ISC air) and you screw the bleed in to seat its cone seat, all air ends. now. there is no air on a new engine like this.
now.
it must stall. there is no air now. zero air. hot engine test only. stall it must,...

We agree.. I'll do this test tomorrow because I have been doing new videos about ISC arir hose tests..
Will be interesting what happen when that bleed cone screw seated in its end and ISC air hose closed..
I'll told you all abiut..

the ECU will try to fight you (servo actions) but can because the ISC is pinch blocked, dead.
now only you control air , with bleed during this test (duty bleed screws air supply, on air horn of TB)

Yes, bleed screw with the rubber cap..

it might stall now and if it does?, that means the duty cycle was never set right. after new TB. by your mechanic.
but if it runs or tries to run, you have leaks there.

I don't understand this very well, so if the engine stall 'and if it does?' as you said, or you mean doesn't ?
This mean that if after I pinched ISC air hose, and bleed screw is seated to its ends, and the engine stall, duty cycle is not right ?..
My doubt is about the word "does or doesn't"..
Tell me that point about duty ciycle wrong, please..

i think the design of the bleed, is such that it only has 1/2 the flow of the ISC ."potential"
such that, if you have a (illegal) leak , that is say 1/2 the iSC flow, max, then closing the bleed cure the effect. (cause the ISC to regulate at 50%)
in a new car there are no leaks.
and also must work at high altitude, where the ISC opens more... the higher you go, due to the thin air there.

[color=#1E90FF]Yes, I understand about altutude..
How to set in a correct way bleed duty cycle if it is wrong by mechanic ?..

Well, another lesson ended..
Sorry, problem with letters color again, next time maybe..

Hasta pronto!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 11-11-2015, 05:35 AM