Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
[quote='fixkick' pid='4785' dateline='1446729135']
"the old engine and parts. old TBI.
might have been running in limphome (suzuki failsafe) mode for years, (most are this old) or running real poorly.
then with a working TBI starts running like a new car and scares the owner. seems it would to me..."

-Yes, maybe something about this is possible is happening.

"the cold started engine does race idle real fast , by design.
it does. the master books do do not document this, only that it is controlled by the wax pellet in the IAC, (discounting dash pot , idle run up and retraction)"

-The only way to sent you a video had been by Youtube because I don't know much about informatic subject only a little, that is my first video on it.. You can see the D/P when the engine is cold, during the first three seconds and before D/P retracts is the real moment when the r.p.m are in almost 2000 r.p.m, so you can see and explorer this view..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttGrcCSc...e=youtu.be

-If you can see this video in a right way I'll send you some in cold and in hot but from the dash gauge to see both situation, and the most incredible is that after 20 minutes when the engine is off and you start again, it go directly to 800 r.p.m, but if before that time go to 1000 r.p.m.. I'll send you vídeo..

"case in points:
ISC jammed closed with gunk, (low RPM)"

-New TBI and ISC too, has only about 3000 kilometers so..

"sot the mechanic, opens the bleed, to hide this error.! this extra air adds to the IAC air, cold started, and it will RACE fast cold....."

-Why not, maybe he did that, but I'm not sure, he repeats me always 'don't touch any regulation sealed from Factory'..
What bleed you said? Next to IAC termal wax ? it's cover wuth a rubber cap now because is new, is the same you can see in gallery where we can see ISC and IAC valves view..

"then a new TB is installed, and the Dutycycle not set! i bet....
nor checking spark timing,
nor checking TPS calibration (its ok, yours is closed at idle)"

-Maybe they did not..

"what is HOT RPM with the ISC electric air hose pinched (not water)"

-When the engine is HOT the idle is 800 r.p.m..

-But If I pinch the air hose as you can see also in the photo gallery and when I start the engine in HOT and the idle is about 1000 r.p.m, the idle come down to 800 r.p.m, and if I stop pinching, it return again to 1000 r.p.m..

"this test i do on all EFI engines.
to see just how many air leaks (vacuum) I have.
yours should stall, or run at about 400 rpm and shake hard."

-This is a very interesting test, but I don't know how to get 400 r.p.m in the engine.. Is about pinch that air hose ?..
Explain me how to do it, please..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 11-06-2015, 05:45 AM