Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
"you need to be clear, what rpm worries you, the 3 to 30 second, Dash POT RPM or the cold start AFTER< (IAC thermal RPM)
this is no CARB engine, you need to work with the rules of the ECU, in all cases (if you make the computer confused, then,...... all bets off)"

I don't konw how to write in color letters from here, but I'll put quotes to your words..

Well, I'm worried about start when the engine is hot, neither DP nor when the engine is could, and of course I respect ECU rules all the time, and as I said you I'm not going to move any screw or device sealed from Factory, and much less when TBI is still under warranty..

So you said me about head lights, well, if when idle is normalized to 800 r.p.m and I turn on the switch lights the idle come down to 700 r.p.m only for half second, then go again to 800 r.p.m, and if I turn off go up to 900 r.pm for half second too, go again to 800 r.p.m, so according to your information this's normal ?..

"GREAT THE ISC is alive, and TPS switch is closed GREAT>!"

Great news friend, this had been an interesting and single test..

"(under "acutator" please say where. or use a link to it)'
omg, i love your IAC photos, brilliant work that.....
nice new TB and ISC, do not mess with the hex screw or that too fools the ECU, we do tweak the junk yard ISC to get the worns seat to seals.
but never on any new ISC. ever. bad that."

Well, I made that photo behind the TBI, opposite to DP and looking the camera at that area, but I not sure if the "acutaotr" is the "half moon" part of TBI where the throttle cable is connected, if is so, that was the place where I made that photo, sorry because I don't know how to insert a link and from where, I'm don't have too much experience about informatic system only a little..

I never going to do nothing with hex screw to mess the ECU, in the old TBI I manipulated it but the idle speed barely changed, and you can see in my gallery that this screw ii's still sealed with silicone from the Factory..

".. (the side bottle, sucks as engine cools and fills as the hot water expands, the trick is , how much it refills cold , is how cold it got?)
see"? as side tank level will be higher on hot days, and less on cold, (pure physics of 50% antifreeze and water)
what really matters, is the bottle dont drop each day, or week, that be engine leaks."

Yes, I know how this system work, thanks anyway, I think the side bottle refills a little more in summer but it is always under the low mark, but the radiator is always full, and I never saw that the engine or coolant system was leaking..

2ª And the next is very curious, and is about to pinch ISC air hose, so when I start in hot and the idle speed is in 1000 r.p.m

"(why is this?") you ask me..

GREAT!! as you said, this is my really problem about all this strange cas.., For what, when the engine start in hot the idle is 1000 r,.p.m ???.. and not come down from this idle, if you don't accelerate a little the engine, if not so it will continue lifetime like this..
Yes, that is why I'm worried about, this idle speed al 1000 r.p.m when the engine start in hot..

"this is all very odd, on a hot engine, the TV is 100% closed, is it?"

You are rigth again, is very odd and rare, don't forget that Suzuki foreman didn't find the problem..

Yes, TV is 100 % closed..

So, you are firmly succssefull, You have understood what is the real problem about all of these messages in this Forum..

"the IAC is closed, but did you modify that new IAC in base of TB, but it is closed hot. if hot, hot means over 150F and for sure 180F minimum, no guessing real instrument measurements....

Yes, I modify new IAC but after long time the idle was working long time with that anomaly, i.e. at 1000 r.p.m when start in hot but despite I modify IAC the problem continue until today, I think this problem has about three months ago, when the Suzuki foreman gave me the car after long time looking for a solution, but he could not..

"The dash pot is retracted, is it?"

Yes, PD retract very well, I filmed it with my video camera, and after start in cold and in hot PD I saw it many times and it is retracted as it should be..

"the TPS idle switch is closed and new. and factory set. from SPain factory. (id calibrate it per my table on TPS, its factory data)
so where is that air coming from, seems it is the ISC. so that means the ECU sees reasons to activate the 1000 RPM rule.
but way, well only 4 ways,"

Yes, I think like you, maybe the ECU sees reasons to activate 1000 RPM rule, but why after Iaccelerate a little that rule finish and not does more like this ?..

"1 (tps idle switch is set wrong and sometimes fails, on the cusp. so calibrate it . )"

I can't calibrate it my friend, I haven't device for that and if the Suzuki foreman did everthing about and he said "everthing are OK" but he didn't found how to stop wrong idle when staring in hot, anyway, I'm going to see him again to ask about I know now..

" 3 throttle cables sticking... 3speed, cruise or main throttle)"

No, that cable has enough or sufficinet slack and never is tense, it's greased, this was the first thing that the Suzuki foreman and I looking before to do nothing about this add idle..

"actions."

"1: new thermostat, and hotter is better if you dont like TBI , fast idles, (all TBI do that. for just cause) 82c or more , more is better. "

Perhaps, tomorrow I'm going to replace the new termostat and see what happen..

"10: vacuum leaks are all suspect here, any leak at all can cause the ISC to loose control, even a cracked brake booster diaphram. or any hose or any diaphram on any vacuum servo on engine or leaking VSV valve."

That is interesting too. So when I press the brake when the idle engine is normalized i.e. at 800 r.p.m nothing happen, but when I lift my foot from brake pedal, idle speed goes to almost 950 r.p.m, dosen't matter if head lights is turn on or turn off.. Anyway, when idle is noemalized this mean all the time driving less when start in hot, then where are thouse vacuum leaks ? Is very rare this matter..

"oh wow, thanks for such nice photos !!!!!!!"

Welcome, friend, at least I've colaborated in something to support Forum..

Well. I'll continue reading this message later, I'm going to having lunch now, it's half past two p.m.

Anyway, I don't like to bother you or other member much more about this matter, i think it will be resolved soon..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 10-30-2015, 11:53 PM