Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
the rpms cold are all table drive, and like this :
1: DP rpm is calibrated hot. but when cold is UNDEFINED and is high.
2: the IAC closes at 150, the RPM is undefined, what you get depends on engine temp and water temps., and engine friction , altitude, and age of engine (weak)?
3: ISC is run 800 or 1000 rpm depends on fast idle pin.

why not use the gallery button above, it works, and is free. just dont post 65 inch photos, like most modern cameras do.. they need to be shrunk to say your desk/lap top sizes.. 800x600 or 1024 wide, is best.

Spain, TBI, that is Santana. i cant talk about Santanas, sorry, how TBI is set there and ECU tuning ,ive no clue.

ok yes, that is rubber covered cone valve in the IAC with steel seat that is factory set. id never mess with that. why wreck s new IAC?
that is extreme in my book. why do that? and a very expensive part to just hack on, right?
yes, you are just like me,,, yes, i do cut open all parts to see how they really work, there is no better way (xray machine, yes, done that too, had one at work"lab")
i guess you never found my slide show, its online for 7+ years.
http://www.fixkick.com/fresh-air/Slide_S...age_9.html
see how i reversed engineered those gaps, there.?????
i even used wifes deep freezer -10f, to get that data point, see that. see how it opens real wide , real cold?? 40f is main refer temps.
this photo proves that the colder it is, the faster runs,,, a hard cold fact (no pun)
your TBI is same as ours. has hot water ISC< (unlike any 89/90 here)
has bleed screw, you have one right??????

my work allowed me to block the IAC to find all vacuum leaks in the plenum.
on some engines, you can block the IAC with clay, or the top suction port or at the base and find that the engine still races fast... huge leaks,

the TPS is all carbon.
i mention that because many cars like this, the switch is gold
gold has 0 ohms closed
but not carbon
and that must be known first., to test it. the fsm TPS calib page or mine.
the switch is set with a feelter gauge, set, and ohmmeter ( to below 500 ohms) below 500 the ECU sets, IDLE MODE.
if set wrong
1: too high, the idle never happens.
2: too low, and the idle mode fights you , when you just TIP-in the throttle a bit. (felt is this very odd , hesitation then)

why is gap 2mm (TV) it must not be, on all Vitara's of any kind,
do you have bleed screw?

how do it set this up, asssuming worst case (some are)
1: test and calibrate the TPS, (so idle switch is perfect)
2: make sure cam belt not slipped and timing at spec with timing freeze jumper set, (seem spark time page on how)
3: DP works, (it does)
4: the TV is 99.9% closed)
5: IAC closes at 150f , im sure it did and does.. now.
6: get engine not. does , heater fan on and headlights on ,not cause RPM to drop below 800 (can bump down for 1second, ecu is slow beast)
7: ok now we pinch the ISC air hose (not the 2 water lines)
does rpm drop to like 400 rpm or stall, good there are no huge plenum leaks, im very happy as leaks are long hard cure... can be. or just cracked hoses.
8: no know , there are no leaks, and i set duty cycle, and #6 starts to work later after duty setup.

thats pretty much it.
unless DP rpm is not liked, it is high, no lie and in USA EPA rules make it so... here..
the IAC closes at 150f. but if its runs to fast cold? (IT WILL by same laws) but that is what wet fuel TBI NEEDs to stop pooling of liquid fuel.....
if you screw in the annular ring (factory set ) in IAC, the valve closes at a lower temp than 150f , a fact. and will really confuse the hell out of any ECU.
the tables in the ECU are all keyed off 150f
(the ecu goes to warm up mode then) going to warmed up mode early has nothing but BAD , all bad, that.......
why do that?
why lie to ECU ever, it's not all that smart of an ecu, to begin with, and slow.

all TBI look just like this (DP defeated)
http://www.fixkick.com/fresh-air/Slide_S...ge_21.html

all,
why is yours wrong? i cant guess why.... but is very very curious event..... id be all over that, fast.

my guess, is the TBI was put on a car with dead isc.
and then hacked to add air..... but that is just a wild guess based on what folks did last 10 years... seen.....

do not doe this on a good TPS. below.

all carbon, the pot (throttle angle) is carbon
and so is the switch. all on this ceramic substrate (base)
http://www.fixkick.com/TPS/TPS-v8a.jpg

we can fix bad idle issues on any car.
i dont use the smoke machine unless desperate (very tricky testing)
what i do is starve engine of air, step by step and find offending parts...
one guy had a TBI that had freeze damage in side that caused and air leak that seemed, impossible, but was realty.(a cruel beast)
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by fixkick - 10-26-2015, 11:31 PM