Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
98 X-90 (Sidekick) Pulsating Battery Draw?

Thanks for the quick response Fixkick....i appreciate your help!

I took the steering column covers off and found just what you suspected...HACK JOB! Sigh....i keep finding things that this previous owner did...just baffles me.

Looks like the white/green from the Ignition fuse becomes white/yellow behind the dash. I don't see this in the wiring diagrams, but i'm not sure how to explain it. The previous owner tapped into the white/yellow with an thin yellow wire. I traced that back behind the stereo going into another yellow wire. It doesn't connect to any of the stereo components, but from what i gather, the hazard/flashers use a yellow wire.

My assumption is that the pulsating test light was being triggered by the rhythm that the flasher unit generates...somehow. Not quite sure.

Looks like at some point he tapped into two other wires back there. See the photo. Not sure where these two connect or what he was intending.

Tomorrow i'm going to remove the splices, repair the wires best i can, and put everything back together. I still think i need an alternator because the voltage drops with the headlights on and it's making a bad bearing sound (whining). But that'll be another day's project...

I attached some photos here...hopefully they came through OK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 98 X-90 (Sidekick) Pulsating Battery Draw? - by mayberry97 - 07-25-2015, 03:22 PM