Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker 1.6 16v Stalling when Warm
i dont like the bouncing $1000 maf sensor. but. typical... for swaps sure. make a clamp for it, so it moves with engine, not flop.

the screamer wow.! the worse the scream the mor easy it is to fix, and find. yours IS.

cheap clolne ELM327 readers are like weak kittens, die easy. the regulator inside (clones, not the scantool.net ones) are no good in cars. ever. $9 tool are that.

ok so both air normal all correct air paths are closed, so that proves.
1: iac stuck open, Clay pack it. per my leaks page. if still races the plenum is leaking. (or some "bad guy" played with the the TV stop bolt, (takes hard effort to do that) the TV stop has a metal bracket with tab blocking all CARB guys from ATTACK.

wish all were this easy. it is.

if it still leaks? and screams., IAC blocked.
then:
plenum ingress time. TV closed 99.99%.

1: brake booster leaking.
2: injector cushions leaking
3: base gasket or any intake gaskets leaking, that can be found with, sprayed carb cleaner or propane gas (safer) rpm increases ,then gasket is bad.
4: all vacuum hose pinched yet,?
per my list of who and want not to pinch>? pinch all but PCV and FPR. (inspect those , its easy roll them with fingers , no cracks allowed..
i leaking FPR (vacuuum) should not suck too much air. but i do a real leak down test on everyone i see, zero leak down rates allowed by me. zero. for 30 seconds.
the booster hose, block it some way. pull hose and pack it with say a cork. what ever wont suck in. (suck side)
i think i hit them all but the IAC test is proof, i add the blocks, i keep block and blocking, just on the off changes 2 leaks.? see? add the up, assume they all leak, then prove other wise and win every time/
the engine can not run with zero air supply, YOURS IS.

don't feel bad, this happens all the time, nature hates vacuums.
but one guy said?
if that is true, why does not earth suck in all of outer space..
or reverse? (depends on where you stand)
(funny huh>? but is gravity .
in your case, it's hoses , gaskets and valves.

gosh what a nice RIG!!!!!!! super nice JOB !!!!!

be happy you have G16b
and not this POS.

http://www.fixkick.com/look/1980vacuum-hell.jpg

i feel so sorry for any one owning this dog....
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Geo Tracker 1.6 16v Stalling when Warm - by fixkick - 04-23-2015, 10:02 AM