Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel rail firewall side leaking gas?
i think the only store that carries, them all is ROCKauto.
no one else, never see it anywhere.
main bearings?
mains are not just swapped out, the clearances on all rod and mains are very tight. guessing is a very very bad idle there.
i can suggest great books on topic. very good.
when you work a block who knows what is there, nobody, we use MIKEs and bore gauges, with TLC . we dont guess ever.
no to mention the suzuki parts (other OEMs) are all color coded with sub grades.
so we mike it and read the color codes, on side of shell. then decide what was there, and if worn, and with the limits on the table, decide what to do .
buying bearings is the last step, in a long hard process, took me 10 hrs labor ,just the measurements. on just the block.
the parts guy will not know what bearing shells are in your hand, how would he? tell me>??
of all parts on a car , this one part, is special, its not like radio knobs , or shifter plastics.

books, amazon, or barnes an noble, some are on NOOK for PC'
Racing engine builders. by tom monroe
engine blue printing, by Rick Voegelin

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-engi...1557882455

bearings can fail for 2 reasons. (old and worn , or lack of oil) or you spun it?
the builder measures the shells and journals to find out what side is worn, the journal the shell or both.
if say, just the shell is wore, then you need to find out what shell was there, no man knows that. (lack of marks on it , nor maker!)

so you then measure the journal and buy the perfect sized shells. ( the OEM may not fit, see why?)
in most cases we get the crank ground or just polished, then mike it and get matching shells. the crank grinder will tell you what shells and what brand is best.
it's never guessed at ever.
Then i do all 3 steps at assemble again
Bore gauge the shell under full torque.
then journal, I then subtract the above, from crank, size, and this is clearance size , if wrong, you did it wrong.
i then do plastigage , just to make sure i didnt do something wrong, i never use plastigage alone to build any engine. never.
i hope my post inspires you to read the books from real builders, i owe them big time for saving me a fortune and wasted time,.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel rail firewall side leaking gas? - by fixkick - 12-09-2014, 02:47 AM